• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN commentator on RG3: “He’s kind of black, but he’s not really”

Wish Bz would get canned as fast as Rob Parker will

ELC:

“First of all, let me say this: I’m uncomfortable with where we just went,” Smith said when asked to respond to Parker. “RG3, the ethnicity or the color of his fiancee is none of our business, it’s irrelevant, he can live his life in whatever way he chooses. The braids that he has in his hair, that’s his business, that’s his life, he can live his life. I don’t judge someone’s blackness based on those kinds of things. I just don’t do that. I’m not that kind of guy.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/13/espn-commentator-on-rg3-hes-kind-of-black-but-hes-not-really/

The whole argument itself is insane. I don't have friends questioning my whiteness when I order sandwiches with no mayo.

ELC:

“First of all, let me say this: I’m uncomfortable with where we just went,” Smith said when asked to respond to Parker. “RG3, the ethnicity or the color of his fiancee is none of our business, it’s irrelevant, he can live his life in whatever way he chooses. The braids that he has in his hair, that’s his business, that’s his life, he can live his life. I don’t judge someone’s blackness based on those kinds of things. I just don’t do that. I’m not that kind of guy.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/13/espn-commentator-on-rg3-hes-kind-of-black-but-hes-not-really/

I already liked SAS, and I like him even more for that response.

This is the first negative thing I have ever heard about RG3--hell even his opponents love him. So what is this all about beside this guy's wanting 15 minutes of fame? Is it all about the white fiancee--not to dignify this rant but that seemed to be the only fact he mentioned.

I like that the one thing he felt he needed to back off of in the midst of his super racist spiel was that being republican made him not black

WHy does he say RGIII is a Republican. Being the QB in DC, he gets asked about politics a lot and every time he has he avoids it like the plague.

ELC:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-on-rg3-hes-kind-of-black-but-hes-not-really/

When Stephen A. Smith becomes your network's voice of reason, you may as well fire Dino Gaudio and hire Jeff [Redacted].

I used to live outside Detroit and heard and read Parker quite a bit. I can't believe any national network would hire this idiot to do anything. I'm equating it to the Real World and Survivor. They always had idiots on those shows because smart, balanced people don't make good tv.

WHy does he say RGIII is a Republican. Being the QB in DC, he gets asked about politics a lot and every time he has he avoids it like the plague.

You answered your own question.

Back