• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN Q&A w/ Coach Bz

No, you guys are misinterpreting the chart. It's a cumulative mpg chart.

The assertion that Bz was actively sitting JTT or Ari for anything but their play on the court is farfetched...

JTT played 32 minutes in the final game; I know the chart is plotting the moving average MPG but its misleading if you're going to use it to insinuate that this was some tactical move by Bz to encourage 'culture change'.

TC's return would have also impacted JTT's minutes.

Jeff was being kind when he said that it was ten percent. That would be one or two players. In reality he was was dealing with a third of the team, a critical mass. JTT, Ari, Gary, Ty, Melvin. It was a situation where, without players stepping up to lead, that it was a test of wills between bloc of knotheads and the coach. Peer pressure versus leadership. Anybody who has managed in that environment knows that first you have give the players a chance to change and then, when they won't, help them find a team elsewhere where their type of selfish and immature behavior is welcome.

Jeff won the battle of 2010-2011. Ty is being kept around as a dead man walking to show that all the talent in the world is wasted if one won't allow oneself to be coached. He is the head on a pike.

Are you Steve Shutt?
And just to quickly follow up... if you are Steve Shutt, then I think you're a cunt.

Of course play was a factor for both but Ari was definitely in the doghouse for things outside of his horrid play. His DNP CD marked a transistion towards fewer minutes. JT's minutes gradually went down during the season, that's all I asserted. I am sure play was a factor in both.

If we don't see improvement as the season goes on, regardless of the record, I think we've serious coaching problems.
No doubt. IMO experience alone will improve the team's performance. If we don't improve, it's horrible coaching...but we can still improve and have a bad coach. That's what I'm more worried about.

He's a PR nightmare regardless.

I like the spend 90% of my time with 10% of the knuckleheads thing, and how he still actually talks about them 90% of the time
Well stated.

We certainly spend 90% of our bball time talking about Bz who is about 10% of the team. Maybe we'll still be talking about him most of the time after addition by subtracting a head coach.

Three things that discussion left me with.

1) No one from this board is responsible for any of those questions.

2) I feel more depressed now about basketball future than I did a couple of minutes ago.

3) Jeff from Charlotte is amazingly coordinated. Anyone who can type that clearly with their head so firmly planted up his ass should be in Cirque du Soleil.

That made me spot water out my nose. BRAVO.

No doubt. IMO experience alone will improve the team's performance. If we don't improve, it's horrible coaching...but we can still improve and have a bad coach. That's what I'm more worried about.

He's a PR nightmare regardless.

Here's a chart that might foreshadow what 'progress' we'll see with the team this season:

twiQG.png

Last edited:
Here's a chart that might foreshadow what 'progress' we'll see with the team this season:

twiQG.png

Even though all of us know his record, is anyone else still shocked to see it presented like that and your head almost explodes wondering "why in the heck did we hire this guy???" I mean maybe he turns out to be a great coach for us, but you look at his record and it makes absolutely no freaking sense. Coaches with records like that don't get hired to a job that would be considered a step up, do they??? Oh wait, yeah they do, cause we did it.

twiQG.png

This seems about right - flip his first and second year at Colorado, and that should mirror about what Wake will be. 1-15 last year, 3-13 this year, 6-10 next year - not sure there is much more to hope for than that, unless the 2013 class can have a huge first year impact.

This seems about right - flip his first and second year at Colorado, and that should mirror about what Wake will be. 1-15 last year, 3-13 this year, 6-10 next year - not sure there is much more to hope for than that, unless the 2013 class can have a huge first year impact.

Yeah maybe if we're real lucky in a few years, he'll have us in the Top 10. The Top 10 of the ACC, that is!!!!:noidea:

If we only win 5 or 6 games next year, I wouldn't count on there being a 4th year.

Next year we should be in mid-pack ACC, finishing with 8-9 wins. 2013-2014 then could be pretty special.

Back