• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN - way early Top 25 for 2012 football

I'm excited to see how Grobe re-aligns his staff for next season. Most excited to learn of the new hires.

A new, exciting OC could make a world of difference to next season.

The hate SC fans have for Clemson is hilarious. Guess 80 years of domination will do that.

This brings up a good point. There are a lot of great athletic programs which were not so great a few years ago and there were some epic programs that are eh at best today (see Notre Dame). How far should teams/fans be able to look back while comparing teams.

I would say 10 years is the most I would go back - or maybe the tenure of the Head coach - or maybe even the athletic director. Anybody who brings up games from 80 years ago is actually a retard (see Clemson Fans)

Ehh, it's better to have history and revisit it than have nothing. College football is so built on tradition that I don't see a problem with looking back at what a program once was. Generally programs with tradition harp back to it when times are rough, saying it won't be long before they are back to their heyday while schools with no tradition talk about how only recent years matter. Just the nature of the beast. Personally I enjoy the history and pageantry of historically great teams as well as I do new programs breaking new ground. It's what makes it so great.

The Atlantic division (aside from BC) is going to be pretty stacked.

Playing in Tallahassee has never worried me as much as it will this year for the Deacs.

That being said, I think we get our other tough game, Clemson, in Winston Salem.

Ehh, it's better to have history and revisit it than have nothing. College football is so built on tradition that I don't see a problem with looking back at what a program once was. Generally programs with tradition harp back to it when times are rough, saying it won't be long before they are back to their heyday while schools with no tradition talk about how only recent years matter. Just the nature of the beast. Personally I enjoy the history and pageantry of historically great teams as well as I do new programs breaking new ground. It's what makes it so great.

Clemson fans are terrible. Totally delusional.

This brings up a good point. There are a lot of great athletic programs which were not so great a few years ago and there were some epic programs that are eh at best today (see Notre Dame). How far should teams/fans be able to look back while comparing teams.

I would say 10 years is the most I would go back - or maybe the tenure of the Head coach - or maybe even the athletic director. Anybody who brings up games from 80 years ago is actually a retard (see Clemson Fans)

Might include FSU & Miami in this list with Notre Dame, probably Tennessee
and UCLA who was a beast back in the Gary Beban [ Heisman winner ] & Tommy Prothro [ coach ] days.

"Probably" Tennessee? They are horseshit now.

Georgia just lost Orson Charles to the NFL draft.

I'm pretty sure you can make the case that South Carolina is a better SEC East team than UGA.

Unfortunately, UGA struck a deal and isn't playing any of the tough SEC West teams.

And I just realized that Clemson is still ranked in the Top 25 postseason. After losing 4 of their last 6 games. AND one of the games they won was against Wake.

Back