• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN's Brennan Follow Up Blog: The agony of the Wake fan revealed

stonz

Reaction score
Link

This morning, I wrote about the decision the Wake Forest radio show made to stop the live call-in portions of Jeff [Redacted]'s weekly coaches show after a "particularly contentious" show last Thursday night. Now, for the first time in 17 years, the radio show will only accept feedback which has been "recorded or submitted through electronic messaging." This is to dissuade a few very frustrated fans' tendencies to, as AD Ron Wellman put it, "preach." That is weak, and I said so, and I figured that would be the end of it.

It was not. To my surprise, Wake Forest fans immediately started sending emails and tweets, and it was the strangest thing -- not only were there a lot of them, but almost every single one thanked me for ripping their program.

Brennan's article includes samplings from his inbox, twitter mentions, and a nice Blogger So Dear shoutout. Looks like we've found our new Katz!

He posted an article on ESPN earlier last month that ripped into Wellman and Bzz's prior relationship and the possibility of a crony hire.

The last week has probably been the most enjoyable episode of Wake hoops since Bzz was hired. A bashing during his radio show and finally some national pub on our catastrophe. I really hope Wellman and, more importantly, the BOT that trust him so dearly recognize how disgruntled we are and that the media and fellow fans feel are pain.

Great job, gang. I honestly never thought that the national media would want to take the time and write about us, considering how irrelevant we have become. Now we just need to hope that Wellman/Hatch/BOT see these articles.

Great job, gang. I honestly never thought that the national media would want to take the time and write about us, considering how irrelevant we have become. Now we just need to hope that Wellman/Hatch/BOT see these articles.

The Eye of Wellman has many spies in Middle Earth. No dwarf is safe.

Time to write another email! Of course, I'm pretty sure Wellman doesn't even look at most of these emails by now anyways.

I actually sent him the audio of the show, agreed that there was nothing inflammatory.

LOL at Dv7's tweet to him

I actually sent him the audio of the show, agreed that there was nothing inflammatory.

LOL at Dv7's tweet to him

I know, I actually thought Bzzzz kind of got off easy last week. They allowed Brian from Mocksville to ramble on too long, but heck just cut somebody off if they're not asking a question.

Dear Dr. Hatch,

It is rare that a program as storied as ours has problems like we have today. As you will see from the link I have included, Wake Forest is a very short step from becoming a national laughingstock.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/69932/the-agony-of-the-wake-fan-revealed

I understand it is very difficult to fire a college coach during the season and am not advocating this. However, this situation is spinning out of control.

At the very least Coach [Redacted] needs to do his own radio show without any censorship. The questions he is getting are of his own doing. What kind of example is he showing our players and students that if something you cause is uncomfortable that you run and hide?

What the coach is doing is absolutely unacceptable. You should not condone it.

Sadly,

P.S. It’s very upsetting to many alums to get canned form letter responses. You should take some time and respond to us. We have earned that modicum of respect.

The end is near.....no doubt. I truly believe Bzz will be out soon! Possibly by his own doing.

Brennan's latest tweet:

"Feedback hasn’t changed one iota since second Wake post, btw. Tons of thanks and descending KenPom charts. It’s starting to get depressing."

Ugh oh, he got a hold of vt's charts! Yeah, that'll make anyone depressed. Except if you're Ronny!

Dear Dr. Hatch,

It is rare that a program as storied as ours has problems like we have today. As you will see from the link I have included, Wake Forest is a very short step from becoming a national laughingstock.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/69932/the-agony-of-the-wake-fan-revealed

I understand it is very difficult to fire a college coach during the season and am not advocating this. However, this situation is spinning out of control.

At the very least Coach [Redacted] needs to do his own radio show without any censorship. The questions he is getting are of his own doing. What kind of example is he showing our players and students that if something you cause is uncomfortable that you run and hide?

What the coach is doing is absolutely unacceptable. You should not condone it.

Sadly,

P.S. It’s very upsetting to many alums to get canned form letter responses. You should take some time and respond to us. We have earned that modicum of respect.

Dear RJ,

Thank you for your message, and your interest in and commitment to Wake Forest athletics. I understand your concerns. We will do everything we can to restore our athletic programs to excellence and prominence.

Sincerely,

Nathan O. Hatch
President

Brennan's latest tweet:

"Feedback hasn’t changed one iota since second Wake post, btw. Tons of thanks and descending KenPom charts. It’s starting to get depressing."

Ugh oh, he got a hold of vt's charts! Yeah, that'll make anyone depressed. Except if you're Ronny!

I sent him those :)

Back