• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN's Greenberg slams Wake over Sarr

Greenberg is suggesting we waited to fire Manning in order to keep Sarr from declaring? Um,no. If that were the case we would have waited 2 more days. Sounds like the Kentucky lobbying effort has gotten to him.

1. There is a reason Seth Greenberg hasn't gotten another head coaching job after he was fired at VT
2. This narrative of Wake waiting for the day after the NBA deadline to fire Manning is ridiculous - timing on the firing was related to evaluation, contract and the several structural and financial impacts given We.Are.In.A.Global.Pandemic - to infer it was about screwing a kid over....really?
3. Sarr went through the NBA evaluation process and was told he had a miniscule chance of getting drafted in the second round...he wasn't going to the NBA this year
4. Players can transfer high schools, AAU programs, schools, build super teams in the NBA - whatever they choose...Wake is fine with Sarr moving on...but the NCAA will decide if he can play next year - not us
5. Vitale and Greenberg and any other conspiracy theorists can come kiss our gold and black ass...this is a brand new day for Wake Forest Athletics and Wake Forest Basketball. Screw them.

Seth Greenberg passed on Steph and Seth Curry, while coaching to a 170–123 record at Virginia Tech.

Greenberg has hated Wake since we made the tournament over Virginia Tech in 2010. He was openly lobbying hard against Wake and was furious when we made it over VT.

Sounded to me like Manning was working to get Sarr not to declare.

I used to like Greenberg a lot, but his obvious bias against WF has become very petty. Not a good look for a guy at your age and station in life, Seth. Move on from whatever grievances you've got against the Deacs.

All you need to know about Seth Greenberg is that he turned down the son of the greatest player his last school ever had. Yes, the kid was skinny, but even in HS he could shoot and his dad was one of the greatest shooters of all time.

EDIT- Let's see if their "moderator" allows my post. Basically, I placed the blame where it belongs - Danny.

Last edited:
All you need to know about Seth Greenberg is that he turned down the son of the greatest player his last school ever had. Yes, the kid was skinny, but even in HS he could shoot and his dad was one of the greatest shooters of all time.

EDIT- Let's see if their "moderator" allows my post. Basically, I placed the blame where it belongs - Danny.

And Steph was even going to start out as a walk-on, IIRC. Greenberg had no clue on how to handle the situation. He can't say that family wasn't important; his brother was on his staff for a few years before moving down the road to Radford. If arrogance was a virtue, it would be Saint Seth.

Anyone posting odds about my post putting the blame on Danny not getting put up?

Fuck Greenberg and fuck Sarr.

Bad decisions should not get rewarded to help out a school that is abusing the one-and-done rule and was not able to secure quite enough inside players this particular year.

Fuck Greenberg, fuck Sarr, and fuck Kentucky.

Bad decisions should not get rewarded to help out a school that is abusing the one-and-done rule and was not able to secure quite enough inside players this particular year.

I added one.

Goodness - the premise of that article is ridiculous. He honeslty thinks that Wake delayed firing Manning just to try and trick Sarr into staying out of the NBA draft? Surely he is not comletely oblivuous to the fact we are in the midst of a pandemic and Manning's tricky contract situation. Plus I am pretty sure that Sarr didn't need anyone's blessing to put his name in the draft. And then he could have pulled it out before June or whatever the deadline is. Manning even said that was the plan in an end of season interview.

And Seth Greenberg is relevant how exactly?
And your comment got published, RJ. You can stop trying to bet people now.
Oh, and it's a spot on comment too.

Last edited:
“When you are let go in late April, it impacts so many things,” Greenberg said. “A coach can’t go get another job. It’s impactful to players.

Hahaha yeah. If you’re let go in late April, you won’t be able to get another job for eight years.

Yea im sure Currie waited a month to fire Manning so we would keep Sarr, Greenberg is an idiot and that article couldn’t be any more false.

Back