• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Even more everyday racial discrimination!

Catamount has to love the fact that Brad posts over here. It really makes his whataboutism-everything approach look coherent by comparison.

Certainly agree. I did not blackface (brownface?) myself as a kid dressed as Barry Sanders, but I can see where little kids would want to do it to look as close to one of their idols as possible, in a very innocent way. Probably up to the parents to not allow it. Just a random hypothetical musing, basically.

That’s why parents are important to explain to their children why that’s not appropriate.

So not taking free Hamilton tickets seems like a really high standard especially compared to all forms of Republican grift that they’ve spent decades normalizing.

Accepting the tickets is not a big deal.

But lying about it, attempting to cover it up, and crying “RACISM” when someone calls him out on his bullshit story brings his character and decision making into question.

I thought lies were frowned upon around these parts? Or are lies ok as long as a (D) follows your name?

Accepting the tickets is not a big deal.

But lying about it, attempting to cover it up, and crying “RACISM” when someone calls him out on his bullshit story brings his character and decision making into question.

I thought lies were frowned upon around these parts? Or are lies ok as long as a (D) follows your name?

this is the best republicans can do, huh? cattle futures !

Who's Brad?

Yeah agreed. This article was actually pretty enlightening, as I was definitely ignorant about the history surrounding the issue.

https://www.vox.com/2014/10/29/7089...ong-with-blackface-heres-why-its-so-offensive

I don't know why white people are so obsessed with blackface. I can't think of many other groups who have made a cultural practice of coloring their skin to pretend to be members of another race. If black people want to dress up like a white person for Halloween, we just "dress" like them by wearing similar clothes.

I don't know why white people are so obsessed with blackface. I can't think of many other groups who have made a cultural practice of coloring their skin to pretend to be members of another race. If black people want to dress up like a white person for Halloween, we just "dress" like them by wearing similar clothes.

IS THAT SO

tenor.gif

:D (yes I get that's his whole point)

whypipo do not like it when they aren't allowed to do something because of political correctness

see: trying to get an itemized list of when it is okay to say the n-word

Have you seen many white people dress up in blackface? I’ve literally never seen anyone IRL. I tend to hang around pretty decent people, but not even just out in public for Halloween.

Have you seen many white people dress up in blackface? I’ve literally never seen anyone IRL. I tend to hang around pretty decent people, but not even just out in public for Halloween.

I wouldn’t hang out in spaces with people who would do that and they definitely wouldn’t hang out near me.

I wouldn’t hang out in spaces with people who would do that and they definitely wouldn’t hang out near me.

Except on campus at Wake (and I assume duke too). Seems to happen pretty regularly with Greek life. I don’t really know this to be true, but my hunch is the people obsessed with it were like in Greek organizations in college, and they are defensive of that experience.

Back