• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Every Men's BBall Player In the Last 20 Years Hastily Ranked

If you go by ineptitude per minute, Terrence Thompson should be at the bottom instead of Rondale. Ironic that one came from Marshall and the other ended there.

Would have to agree on Rafael Vidaurreta being underrated here ........was a solid rebounder and inside defender/muscle guy for 3-4 years. I would have to guess he probably averaged 6-7 rebounds a game for his career. No way guys like Weaver, Woods, Drum, and several others ahead of him had better Wake careers than he did....

There are so many players getting numbers on absolutely terrible teams. I think you have to push Crawford, Sarr, McKie, Thomas all below Dawson. None of the guys perhaps san Sarr would have been focal points on the better teams in the early 2000's. O'Kelley has to be above Hoard who showed nothing in his college career. O'Kelley overall is way too low on this list and should be in the CJ Harris, Downey range. Downey was the best of those 3. Aminu in my mind was an solid piece on a potentially great team and was the 3rd best player on his team - not the 3rd best player in the last 20 years. I'd perhaps put him below Downey who I'd have in the 10-11 range.

Rules:
1. Every rotation player in the last twenty years was included, 75 players total. I did this arbitrarily.
2. Players are ranked by how good they were at their best year at Wake. Almost always the last season but not always (e.g. I used Vytas's soph year). Only exception is that nothing before 00-01 counts for cases like O'Kelley.
3. General ranking criteria was how valuable they would be to a top 25 team.

1. Chris Paul
2. Josh Howard
3. Al-Farouq Aminu
4. John Collins
5. Jeff Teague
6. Darius Songaila
7. James Johnson
8. Eric Williams
9. Justin Gray
10. Vytas Danelius
11. Ish Smith
12. CJ Harris
13. Bryant Crawford
14. Olivier Sarr
15. Travis McKie
16. Devin Thomas
17. Taron Downey
18. Craig Dawson
19. Jamaal Levy
20. Jaylen Hoard
21. LD Williams
22. Trent Strickland
23. Chaundee Brown
24. Antwan Scott
25. Doral Moore
26. Kyle Visser
27. Chas McFarland
28. Dinos Mitoglou
29. Robert O'Kelley
30. Codi Miller-McIntyre
31. Broderick Hicks
32. Austin Arians
33. Keyshawn Woods
34. Mitchell Wilbekin
35. Brandon Childress
36. Josh Shoemaker
37. Andrien White
38. Chris Ellis
39. Isaiah Mucius
40. Tyler Cavanaugh
41. Madison Jones
42. Jamie Skeen
43. Gary Clark
44. Tony Woods
45. Coron Williams
46. Ervin Murray
47. Anthony Gurley
48. Jahcobi Neath
49. Harvey Hale
50. Mike Drum
51. David Weaver
52. Ari Stewart
53. Rafael Vidauretta
54. Carson Desrosiers
55. Ismael Massoud
56. Arnaud Adala Moto
57. Sharone Wright Jr.
58. Ty Walker
59. Darius Leonard
60. Donovan Mitchell
61. Steve Lepore
62. Torry Johnson
63. Cornelius Hudson
64. Chase Fischer
65. Ody Oguama
66. Terrence Thompson
67. JT Terrell
68. Kevin Swinton
69. Ikenna Smart
70. Nikita Mescheriakov
71. Greg McClinton
72. Aaron Rountree
73. Tony Chennault
74. Shamaine Dukes
75. Rondale Watson

Maybe just do a top 20 or 25. Good effort though.

I think we all agree that Cornelius Hudson is appropriately ranked at 63.

It's weird to me that people think Vidauretta is underrated on this list. Odom played him a lot as a freshman probably because he came in as a 21 year old freshman with much more playing experience. Then he kept playing him most of the minutes even as Josh Shoemaker developed his game and showed a little more versatility and Antwan Scott came in and showed athleticism we had been missing.

If you go by ineptitude per minute, Terrence Thompson should be at the bottom instead of Rondale. Ironic that one came from Marshall and the other ended there.

Agree. Any list without Terrence Thompson as DFL is null and void. Easily the worst starter in the history of Wake hoops.

Also:
Collins>Aminu
Childress>Wilbiken
Vid vastly underrated. Dude was a banger.

Agree. Any list without Terrence Thompson as DFL is null and void. Easily the worst starter in the history of Wake hoops.

Also:
Collins>Aminu
Childress>Wilbiken
Vid vastly underrated. Dude was a banger.

Tag: that's what your mom said

I agree Vidauretta was too low. Maybe not thaaaat much too low (esp. since only his senior year was in the past 20), but definitely above Weaver and Tony Woods among bigs. I forgot what a disappointment Weaver was mostly remember him draining some 3s to my surprise.

That said, the 02 team (when Songaila, Dawson et al were seniors) was a 7th seed, ranked #30 in KP -- their most similarly ranked team in the past 20 was the Collins tournament team. Based on some of the memories here, you'd think they were a lot better. Doesn't make sense that all those guys were great players yet the team wasn't.

What was Odom's last team ranked in KP?

And yeah, Vidaurreta was a good dude, but, um, limited as a baller. But man, he and Shoe sure could take up a lot of space, and there's something to be said for that. Both seemed like good dudes.

Also, total SLANDER, that I will not stand for, that we are misspelling his name. VidauRReta. Thank you.

Last edited:
Tyrese Rice. Could've snagged him had we gone after him with force. With Rice, even as a freshman, I think that 06 team could've made the Sweet 16. Lost eight games by seven points or less, almost all because of poor PG play.

Could have easily had Malcolm Delaney too. Wasn't as big of a need with Ish and Teague on the roster, but he torched us every chance he got as well. Main reason our #1 ranking only lasted a week.

What was Odom's last team ranked in KP?

And yeah, Vidaurreta was a good dude, but, um, limited as a baller. But man, he and Shoe sure could take up a lot of space, and there's something to be said for that. Both seemed like good dudes.

Also, total SLANDER, that I will not stand for, that we are misspelling his name. VidauRReta. Thank you.

10th in KP

It used to be so much fun just knowing CP3 or Josh Howard was about to put the team on their back and take over a game.

Dunk, steal, three, rebound, three GAME OVER

Ervin Murray about 10 spots too low.

Vytas more like mid 20s.

What did Andien White do it get ranked ahead of Skeen, Coron, Murray,and several others.

Also is Wynn on this list?

He might be worse than Rondale.

The one ranking that stands out to me is Kyle Visser. That dude had a great senior season and should be higher.

Back