• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Evolution, Creation, and You

Pick the statement that describes you best

• Total voters
I put "other". I am pretty agnostic about it, but lean towards BBT. Definitely believe in evolution. I chose to other because I don't really know, and honestly don't really care at all. It makes zero impact on my life really.

Other: I'm an Anglican- so I can have my cake and eat it too. I'd say Creation/God as well as big bang/evolution/multiverse/whatever else science can come up with.

Other: I'm an Anglican- so I can have my cake and eat it too. I'd say Creation/God as well as big bang/evolution/multiverse/whatever else science can come up with.

Me too. The first two options are confusing since they are not mutually exclusive.

I added the "or something close" clause in the second theory to try to account for these hybrid opinions, but I probably wasn't clear enough. Wanted to get as close as I could to the big groups.

Smidged the hell out of this poll.

:rolleyes:

You're just mad someone stole your "Do you believe in evolution, Lectro?"

We can start over if need be. I also expect a fair amount of "WGAF" responses.

re: wgaf- If you you believe in some aspect of Creation, then you likely gaf, and rather large one. The difference between all space/time/energy/being as the product of a Creator or just happenstance makes a rather large difference in life.

re: wgaf- If you you believe in some aspect of Creation, then you likely gaf, and rather large one. The difference between all space/time/energy/being as the product of a Creator or just happenstance makes a rather large difference in life.

It really doesn't for me personally. How I got here is irrelevant to what I do. I get what you are saying though.

I believe in an energy source that is the life of our universe. However, my view is that the energy source is impersonal, i.e. not sonething you worship, or pray to, or that has compassion/hatred or any other similar emotion.

So, give me the big bang closely followed by a big cigarette!

Never really thought about it. Don't think this has ever been discussed on this board before...

Im confused whats creation story and evolution? That God made the Big Bang and then everything from that point progressed along through the laws of nature and evolution? Is it the literal creation story like hears heaven and earth, some people, then let things progress because that's not really belief in macroevolution, maybe just micro.

Im confused whats creation story and evolution? That God made the Big Bang and then everything from that point progressed along through the laws of nature and evolution? Is it the literal creation story like hears heaven and earth, some people, then let things progress because that's not really belief in macroevolution, maybe just micro.

I think that's a somewhat conventional neo-deist view. If I had to nail down my belief system, that would probably be it. The concept of a "beginning" of everything is something I have never been able to get my mind around using either science or theology.

Yeah I think the same concept of beginning applies to ending. I have always had a problem with the concept of nothing. I don't think our brains are evolved enough to truly comprehend. Like think of the furthest part of the known universe, beyond that is nothing? Well what is nothing? Technically nothing is something, so there is something beyond the edge of the universe. You could subscribe to the theory it just all bends back and is a sphere, but then whats beyond that sphere, whats beyond that and the concept never ends until you are left with the concept of nothing, which is then something.

whoa-o.gif

Yeah I think the same concept of beginning applies to ending. I have always had a problem with the concept of nothing. I don't think our brains are evolved enough to truly comprehend. Like think of the furthest part of the known universe, beyond that is nothing? Well what is nothing? Technically nothing is something, so there is something beyond the edge of the universe. You could subscribe to the theory it just all bends back and is a sphere, but then whats beyond that sphere, whats beyond that and the concept never ends until you are left with the concept of nothing, which is then something.

Read this as being said by drugged out Amanda Bynes in your aviator.

You're welcome.

Feel pretty confident about evolution. Don't know enough to say one way or the other on the Big Bang. Also, not particularly concerned how the universe was created. It was... that's enough for me.

Back