• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Explain something to me?

There's been a sudden increase in newby posters around here, it seems. Like this week alone.

I understand y'all don't like bzz. But he has only had two years to rebuilt a team that had lost almost all their players and in my opinion in two or three years from now wake will be back with the players that bzz has brought in. So why don't we give him the chance with the players he is bringing for the system he uses. A good team can't be built just like that.

Go fornicate yourself.

If you are the AD then at the end of the year you have to ask yourself a few questions:

* is the team moving in the right direction - annual NCAA tourney appearances w a real chance to get to the final 8 and beyond every few years?
* would a new coach get there faster? What is the risk of taking a step backward w a new coach?
* is the program generating the excitement necessary to fill seats and all that comes wit that (see cp3 teams for reference)

Yeah, our disappointment usually happens much later in the season. At least for the last 50 years. This early-in-the-season shit is too depressing.

If you are the AD then at the end of the year you have to ask yourself a few questions:

* is the team moving in the right direction - annual NCAA tourney appearances w a real chance to get to the final 8 and beyond every few years?
* would a new coach get there faster? What is the risk of taking a step backward w a new coach?
* is the program generating the excitement necessary to fill seats and all that comes wit that (see cp3 teams for reference)

Pretty sure there's no need to ask those questions...they've been answered for quite some time. At this point it's just a waiting game for the inevitable.

If you're the AD and you have to ask yourself any questions at the end of this season, after enduring three years of this crap, before you decided to fire Bz then you are a terrible AD....

If you're the AD and you have to ask yourself any questions at the end of this season, after enduring three years of this crap, before you decided to fire Bz then you are a terrible AD....

But remember, we're not yet mathematically eliminated from winning 18 games!!!!! No one could make any decisions about Bzz until we reach that point, obviously.

I would any coach have trouble turning around Wake Forest we were number one the year before he arrived. He has destroyed this program.

The most ridiculous of the anti-[Redacted] stuff on here is the "we went to the NCAA Tournament the year before he got here" or "we were #1 in the country!" First, we were not #1 in the country the year before he arrived, it was two years before. Second, the team that went to the NCAAT in Gaudio's last year was a senior-led team that not only lost those four contributing seniors, but also Aminu to the draft and Woods to transfer. None of which had anything to do with [Redacted]. Should we have been as bad as that 10-11 team was? Absolutely not. Was it logical to expect that team to be as competitive as Gaudio's last year? Absolutely not, IMO.

There are so many facts that you can use to criticize [Redacted]'s coaching, which many do. To use stuff that doesn't account for roster turnover that has nothing to do with the guy is dumb.

Disagree that is is dumb to point to those things. They demonstrate just how epic of a failure Bzz has been. It takes skill to take a team from #1 to #200+ in that short of time. Don't let anyone tell you Bzz doesn't work hard. That feat can't be accomplished without quite a bit of work running players off and teaching them the wrong things.

I understand y'all don't like bzz. But he has only had two years to rebuilt a team that had lost almost all their players and in my opinion in two or three years from now wake will be back with the players that bzz has brought in. So why don't we give him the chance with the players he is bringing for the system he uses. A good team can't be built just like that.

When Wellman brought him here Bz had finished last, last, and eighth in his three years at Colorado. What have you seen from Bz during his time at Wake that makes you think he is the right coach?

Back