• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Sure but why is it necessary?

Yeah I can’t believe I am siding with catamount here but that lady was out of line. Just take the fucking ticket and appeal it later if you really think it’s bullshit.

You can’t just run from the cops when they legally (and fairly professionally) request you to comply with something. Especially when you’re in the wrong.

She was out of line, but it was still his choice to escalate further after she gave in and said she’d sign it. He said no, we’re beyond that now. She had not fled at that point. Why not just let her sign it? Draw the gun too because she’s nuts, but you can still let her sign it.

Taking her out of the vehicle created more danger too. When she was on the ground and reached to pull her shirt back down to her hip, it sure looked like she could have been grabbing for a gun, which could have been used as justification to shoot her. Just no need to get there in the first place.

Police said an officer shot a man who opened a door while aiming a gun. Then the body-cam video came out.

That’s when the deputy opened fire. But, in the video that the Greenville County Sheriff’s Office released on Monday, the door did not open before the officer opened fire. The video confirms the homeowner had a gun, but it does not capture the homeowner aiming a weapon at the deputy. The last image of the homeowner, before the shooting, appears to be of him walking away from the front door.

The deputy is shown in the video shooting multiple times through the left sidelight window. The homeowner, identified by his attorney as 62-year-old Dick Tench, was struck multiple times.

The video does not show Tench “open the door and point a gun directly at the deputy,” as officials originally claimed.

A police officer responding to an emergency alert rang this guy's doorbell in the middle of the night, saw through the window that he had a gun, and shot him.

Yeah I can’t believe I am siding with catamount here but that lady was out of line. Just take the fucking ticket and appeal it later if you really think it’s bullshit.

You can’t just run from the cops when they legally (and fairly professionally) request you to comply with something. Especially when you’re in the wrong.

yes, she was very out of line. she had been driving, knowingly, with the taillight out for 6 months (*i think she got a previous warning). she refused to sign the ticket, yelled and cussed at the cop before running.

the cop i am sure held back due to her age. if a different person, it might have gone much different.

lady was out of line.

cop should've let her go, put a bench warrant on her and suspended her license and let dog the bounty hunter track her down

Police said an officer shot a man who opened a door while aiming a gun. Then the body-cam video came out.

A police officer responding to an emergency alert rang this guy's doorbell in the middle of the night, saw through the window that he had a gun, and shot him.

Dumbass thought he was protecting his home. I'll never understand why people don't cover those door frame windows that allow people to see in your home. That's going to protect a home more than a gun.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/speech/...arks-grand-lodge-fraternal-order-polices-64th

One reason for this is that law enforcement is fighting a different type of war. We are fighting an unrelenting, never-ending fight against criminal predators in our society. While there are battles won and lost each day, there is never a final resolution – a final victory is never in sight.

In the final analysis, what stands between chaos and carnage on the one hand, and the civilized and tranquil society we all yearn for, is the thin blue line of law enforcement. You are the ones manning the ramparts – day in, and day out.

Not too long ago influential public voices — whether in the media or among community and civic leaders — stressed the need to comply with police commands, even if one thinks they are unjust. “Comply first” and, if you think you have been wronged, “complain later.”

But we don’t hear this much anymore. Instead, when an incident escalates due to a suspect’s violent resistance to police, that fact is usually ignored by the commentary. The officer’s every action is dissected, but the suspect’s resistance, and the danger it posed, frequently goes without mention.

We need to get back to basics. We need public voices, in the media and elsewhere, to underscore the need to “Comply first, and, if warranted, complain later.” This will make everyone safe – the police, suspects, and the community at large. And those who resist must be prosecuted for that crime. We must have zero tolerance for resisting police. This will save lives.

“Comply first” is very scary to hear from the AG especially when compliance often leads to death only leaving family and society to complain on the victim’s behalf.

That’s a police state. We live in a police state. I don’t know how people can deny this.

If a police officer sexually assaults you, the AG just told you to comply. And we all know a victim that complies would not be viewed would not be viewed as a victim at all.

The police are always held accountable. There is certainly no collusion between police officers and prosecutors.

“Comply first” is very scary to hear from the AG especially when compliance often leads to death only leaving family and society to complain on the victim’s behalf.

That’s a police state. We live in a police state. I don’t know how people can deny this.

If a police officer sexually assaults you, the AG just told you to comply. And we all know a victim that complies would not be viewed would not be viewed as a victim at all.

The "thin blue line" rhetoric is also straightforwardly fascistic, suggesting authoritarian control over a chaotic population. And the blue line symbol has lately shown up, perhaps most terrifyingly in Charlottesville as an anti-BLM flag/banner, as an important rallying cry for white nationalists.

total state rule - executive branch compliance - the surveillance state = The police state

"Comply first, complain later" is fascist bullshit.

Particularly where acquiescing/complying leads to disproportionate injury/death for certain vulnerable portions of the population and your methods of meaningful complaint later on are hindered by a widespread qualified immunity and 1983 claims which are difficult to prevail on. Again this is if your initial compliance and/or perceived non-compliance doesn't result in a permanent inability to later complain.

Last edited:
Per Barr and most conservatives, I guess the colonists should have just paid their taxes and then written more strongly-worded letters to George III.

Per Barr and most conservatives, I guess the colonists should have just paid their taxes and then written more strongly-worded letters to George III.

Nope. They should have just knuckled under to whatever dictator or king led them. The colonists were renegades who should have just shut up.

Nope. They should have just knuckled under to whatever dictator or king led them. The colonists were renegades who should have just shut up.

Before we can draw these kinds of conclusions, we need to know what color the colonists’ skin was.

Back