• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

They love lynching so much they had a pretend lynching outside the Kentucky gov mansion.

A white woman has apologized after calling police on a black man and saying 'there's an African American man threatening my life'

Spoiler alert: He wasn't threatening her life. He was asking her to put her dog on a leash, per the park rules.

UPDATE:

5:36 AM PT -- 5/26 -- "Karen" has been put on administrative leave by her employer, an investment company, in the wake of the video surfacing. The company, Franklin Templeton, said, "We take these matters very seriously, and we do not condone racism of any kind."

The woman, whose real name is Amy Cooper, said Monday, "I sincerely and humbly apologize to everyone, especially to that man, his family ... It was unacceptable and I humbly and fully apologize to everyone who's seen that video, everyone that's been offended," adding, "everyone who thinks of me in a lower light and I understand why they do."

8:02 PM PT -- It appears "Karen" was shamed into returning her adopted rescue. The Abandoned Angels Cocker Spaniel Rescue, Inc. -- where she reportedly adopted the pup in March 2018 -- said just hours after "Karen" went viral, she "voluntarily surrendered the dog in question to our rescue while this matter is being addressed ... the dog is now in our rescue's care and he is safe and in good health."

Imagine how many people would have believed this woman if he didn't take that video. All we would have had was a seemingly panicked 911 call.

Imagine how many people would have believed this woman if he didn't take that video. All we would have had was a seemingly panicked 911 call.

Yep.

Hilarious that she tries to be woke by saying "African American" while simultaneously showing her racist side. Straight out of an SNL sketch; Dave Chappelle would kill it as that guy.

That chick seems like she has a personality disorder. Like she is borderline or manic or something. Very bad look to throw that on top of a healthy dose of racism.

Maybe, but maybe she was just having a bad day because the dog she just adopted wasn’t listening to her, or she is stressed because she’s been on lock down for two months and she’s a financial services employee in the midst of a massive economic melt down. Pretty hard to diagnose a personality disorder from a 1:30 clip and the apology she issued doesn’t sound like someone with borderline...besides, it shouldn’t matter.

Isn’t complaining that someone’s dog isn’t on a leash because you are bird watching also kinda a yuge Karen move as well? Obviously the less evil of the two Karen’s but still a Karen.

The birding community is outraged over this!

Seriously, though, this lady is a piece of shit.

We have a big birding place about a mile and half from my place. I have seen roving gangs of birders hopped up from snorting seeds.

Isn’t complaining that someone’s dog isn’t on a leash because you are bird watching also kinda a yuge Karen move as well? Obviously the less evil of the two Karen’s but still a Karen.

No. Dogs chase birds.

Not to mention she is breaking the rule-statute-law and endangering her own dog as well as birds potentially.

Yea, no. He explained why he called her out on it. He's an avid birder and that section of the park is a nature sanctuary and dogs scare off ground dwelling birds. Plus there are signs that literally say keep your dog on a leash, so she's being a massive Karen by ignoring the sign. If she didn't see it, she could have just said that and moved along with her dog on a leash.

Back