• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Just remember this the next time Camden police kill someone and cover it up.

yeah, I have a difficult time believing that the Police Department wants to give up power and authority. What I do believe is that copw would like for additional public welfare services to help relieve them of adjacent responsibilities like mental health emergencies

Fair amount of hollywood yuppies out there on the streets.

There are always helicopters everywhere in LA

Bullshit! Self-defense is the store owner defending his own property for these thugs & looters!

Agreed. If I own a business, I'm doing what I can to defend it. And when I say this I mean small business owners, not the big chains like Target etc. ..

In KC we are like 3 months from the last unarmed black man being murdered by police and everyone wants to be all warm and fuzzy about a white cop and a black cop holding up an “End Police Brutality” sign.

I don’t know why we are so quick to participate in rehabilitating their image, especially now.

yeah, I have a difficult time believing that the Police Department wants to give up power and authority. What I do believe is that copw would like for additional public welfare services to help relieve them of adjacent responsibilities like mental health emergencies

They recently fired their entire police force and started from scratch. I agree with the premise here that reform isn’t as powerful as abolition but there are also useful reforms.

In KC we are like 3 months from the last unarmed black man being murdered by police and everyone wants to be all warm and fuzzy about a white cop and a black cop holding up an “End Police Brutality” sign.

I don’t know why we are so quick to participate in rehabilitating their image, especially now.

Police represent order and protests are chaos - chaos is scary. I don't say that demeaningly, it's a logical mindset. Humans are oriented toward order because it's more safe. It's just that some communities are more victims of authority than they are recipients of order

Police represent order and protests are chaos - chaos is scary. I don't say that demeaningly, it's a logical mindset. Humans are oriented toward order because it's more safe. It's just that some communities are more victims of authority than they are recipients of order

I think about the Jon Stewart bit about police during riots, about how he was carrying signs and shouting “fuck the police” and watched the protests turn from marching and chanting into flipping cars and setting buildings on fire and instantly changing his mind to “where the fuck are the police?”

You justifiably complain about police when the act horrifically and you complain when the Police Chief helps the situation by participating with protesters.

Your concept of abolishing police is insane. It can't be done. Man isn't perfect. There are predators in any society.

Trump just earned Whatamount’s vote. Let’s pray we have seen our last concrete milkshake!

They recently fired their entire police force and started from scratch. I agree with the premise here that reform isn’t as powerful as abolition but there are also useful reforms.

There are absolutely useful reforms. I would gather that a community protest where police are welcome is more oriented towards reform than abolition, which MHB and I are skeptical of. Admittedly I don't think any African Americans need a white guy to tell them not to trust the police.

Agreed. If I own a business, I'm doing what I can to defend it. And when I say this I mean small business owners, not the big chains like Target etc. ..

If you stand outside your business with a sword, that’s offense not defense. That’s looking for a fight. The swordsman is the aggressor, not people defending themselves with rocks.

TheReff looted PPP money that should be going to legitimate small businesses not large corporations.

If you stand outside your business with a sword, that’s offense not defense. That’s looking for a fight. The swordsman is the aggressor, not people defending themselves with rocks.

TheReff looted PPP money that should be going to legitimate small businesses not large corporations.

TheReff is an idiot welfare queen, but he owns a small business.

I think about the Jon Stewart bit about police during riots, about how he was carrying signs and shouting “fuck the police” and watched the protests turn from marching and chanting into flipping cars and setting buildings on fire and instantly changing his mind to “where the fuck are the police?”

That’s a funny bit. But who hasn’t been at a bar or sporting event or even a house party and all of a sudden people are fighting. Similar principles here. Doesn’t mean there was a problem with the event. It means there are some shitty people who are easily provoked. Doesn’t mean adding more cops makes the situation better. Cops are also shitty people who are easily provoked.

Agree Ph, just commenting on MDMH’s human nature concept re: order.

Back