• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

I’m sure this has been posted and answered several times but my wife and I are looking to donate/volunteer with organizations that help support the cause and break the cycle of racism in the country. Also looking for good resources to help educate kids. Appreciate any suggestions/guidance in this area.

I’m sure this has been posted and answered several times but my wife and I are looking to donate/volunteer with organizations that help support the cause and break the cycle of racism in the country. Also looking for good resources to help educate kids. Appreciate any suggestions/guidance in this area.

We may want to think about a separate thread for this, but here's one guide I've seen circulating that has resources for children

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BRlF2_zhNe86SGgHa6-VlBO-QgirITwCTugSfKie5Fs/edit?usp=drivesdk

I don’t know how old your kids are, but the author of Stamped from the Beginning just released a children’s book called antiracist baby.

Deacman’s post are so out of touch and then when called on his privilege he doubles down on the dumb.

I was at the Boston rally in Franklin Park. No idea how many people were there but I’d guess at least 20,000 - absolutely packed. Extremely peaceful throughout the two hours. However when the protestors were going back from the rally location back up to where most cars were parked (through a road in a public park and probably half a mile from the rally site), about 50 cops in cars, motorcycles, and bikes came zooming through the protestors demanding they move out of the way. There appeared to be no reason why they chose to wait until the rally ended and people were going back to their cars to send cops through the protestors. I literally couldn’t believe it but it turned the mood from unified and peaceful to angry on a dime.

Just the small shit that cops do that shows no basic understanding of the frustration level people have right now. Completely avoidable mistake yet one cops week to consistently make.

Last edited:
I was at the Boston rally in Franklin Park. No idea how many people were there but I’d guess at least 20,000 - absolutely packed. Extremely peaceful throughout the two hours. However when the protestors were going back from the rally location back up to where most cars were parked (through a road in a public park and probably half a mile from the rally site), about 50 cops in cars, motorcycles, and bikes came zooming through the protestors demanding they move out of the way. There appeared to be no reason why they chose to wait until the rally ended and people were going back to their cars to send cops through the protestors. I literally couldn’t believe it but it turned the mood from unified and peaceful to angry on a dime.

Just the small shit that cops do that shows no basic understanding of the frustration level people have right now. Completely avoidable mistake yet one cops week to consistently make.

saw video of that from a grad student I know there. glad no one got hurt

Richmond has an 8 pm curfew, and currently has a huge crowd at the Lee statue at least a block deep in two directions. This was the site of the tear gassing last night. Police are mostly out of there way, but in a Kroger parking lot a few blocks away, and there is national guard towards the capital (about 1 mile away). Looks like the authorities are preparing to start shit.

The DEA Has Been Given Permission To Investigate People Protesting George Floyd’s Death

The DEA is limited by statute to enforcing drug related federal crimes. But on Sunday, Timothy Shea, a former US Attorney and close confidant of Barr who was named acting administrator of the DEA last month, received approval from Associate Deputy Attorney General G. Bradley Weinsheimer to go beyond the agency’s mandate “to perform other law enforcement duties” that Barr may “deem appropriate.”

saw video of that from a grad student I know there. glad no one got hurt

Yeah still have no idea wtf was going on. To clarify the cops could’ve had more people there at the rally site if they wanted (really didn’t have many and the event was well attended by local politicians) but instead chose to wait until the end of the rally to send a bunch of cops through a massive group of protestors. I was surprised protestors let them through and have literally no idea where they were going.

82848875_10158689879396454_6868063717494358016_o.jpg

Apparently the protest in Winston tonight is the largest in North Carolina so far, and Winston's protests have continued to be peaceful

Back