• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

i dig technological determinism / rick and morty nihilism plama

Criminals are human beings. People resisting arrest are human beings. I refuse to let authoritarian shitheads lead these discussions into respectability politics. Take a stand for criminals who don't deserve to be choked to death or shot at 40 times in their car. For women who talk shit to a cop for pulling her over and get found hanged to death in a jail cell the next day. For protesters that get shot in the fucking eyeball with a rubber bullet for not moving when curfew strikes. It's not about goddamn innocence it's about humanity. Fuck every authoritarian shithead and mouth breather with a law degree who dehumanizes the people abused by law enforcement and the the justice system.

"meh" fuck you, troll. I'm not encouraging anyone to do anything except not kill another person. Its fucking ridiculous for me to simply defend peoples lives and you portray that as me somehow condoning crime. My stance is the normal one - your stupid fucking authoritarian "kill em all and let God sort em out" troll schtick sucks. Get a new bit, palma, that one is tired. No one believes you're a disaffected nihilist.

From 2014. Not sure if they still have the armored vehicles.

Oh no ip glitch

I’m sure members of the ruling class have said the same thing two weeks into every social movement.

NASCAR just told Confederate flag lovers to go fuck themselves. A corner has certainly been turned. Take a step out of your bubble.

I'm also saddened that you're rejecting this glorious revolution. I thought we were on board about how fucking stupid and FOS our society is. You may be uncomfortable but this is the only way it will change.

That's a quitter move bro. Trust me I feel that way from time-to-time, but this feels real. This could be good. The corporations are doing their damnedest to co-opt, but this was a movement created by the people. Not shitty marketing campaigns crafted by people with three more degrees than necessary. Its quite heartening to see that the common person can still affect change.

I also love how we no longer have to be socially nice to bigots and shitheads. I'm here for the reputation executions of bad people. Fuck them and their terrible world views. Adapt and be cool, or be left for dead.

I'm going solely based on less helicopters overhead, less news coverage devoted to protestors and less action on this thread these days. It's an iphone culture and we simply don't have the attention span for it to be a movement. We might be bored already.

I mean fucking cookout deac can't even get the attention span to fix the ogboards quoting system

I'm going solely based on less helicopters overhead, less news coverage devoted to protestors and less action on this thread these days. It's an iphone culture and we simply don't have the attention span for it to be a movement. We might be bored already.

All young people think Trump is an idiot. 80% support BLM because the people they follow on Instagram support BLM. Everyone sees there's a problem with how police treat blacks but there's no easy fix there.

I thought the world was ending a week or two ago, now it seems like it's died down. Don't count on a movement. This will drag a bit as people are unemployed though.

All young people think Trump is an idiot. 80% support BLM because the people they follow on Instagram support BLM. Everyone sees there's a problem with how police treat blacks but there's no easy fix there.

I thought the world was ending a week or two ago, now it seems like it's died down. Don't count on a movement. This will drag a bit as people are unemployed though.

Bro you’re still really shook about the looting. I can’t say I am at all. It’s a natural side effect of social disruption, however not much of it occurred here in Winston. So I can’t truly empathize.

That being said the US has been operating in a lawless society for the last 20-30 years, if not longer. Well connected people openly break (particularly financial) laws and their is no consequence.

A bunch of opportunists breaking windows and stealing sneakers is the least of our troubles.

Last edited:
palma, these kids on their damn iPhones are organizing. They're fashioning the world they want to live in.

As an example, over this week, two generations of young adults who grew up on Harry Potter cancelled JK Rowling because they finally got tired of her anti-trans BS.

Criminals are human beings. People resisting arrest are human beings. I refuse to let authoritarian shitheads lead these discussions into respectability politics. Take a stand for criminals who don't deserve to be choked to death or shot at 40 times in their car. For women who talk shit to a cop for pulling her over and get found hanged to death in a jail cell the next day. For protesters that get shot in the fucking eyeball with a rubber bullet for not moving when curfew strikes. It's not about goddamn innocence it's about humanity. Fuck every authoritarian shithead and mouth breather with a law degree who dehumanizes the people abused by law enforcement and the the justice system.

"meh" fuck you, troll. I'm not encouraging anyone to do anything except not kill another person. Its fucking ridiculous for me to simply defend peoples lives and you portray that as me somehow condoning crime. My stance is the normal one - your stupid fucking authoritarian "kill em all and let God sort em out" troll schtick sucks. Get a new bit, palma, that one is tired. No one believes you're a disaffected nihilist.

From 2014. Not sure if they still have the armored vehicles.

Oh no ip glitch

I’m sure members of the ruling class have said the same thing two weeks into every social movement.

NASCAR just told Confederate flag lovers to go fuck themselves. A corner has certainly been turned. Take a step out of your bubble.

I'm also saddened that you're rejecting this glorious revolution. I thought we were on board about how fucking stupid and FOS our society is. You may be uncomfortable but this is the only way it will change.

Bro you’re still really shook about the looting. I can’t say I am at all. It’s a natural side effect of social disruption, however not much of it occurred here in Winston. So I can’t truly empathize.

That being said the US has been operating in a lawless society for the last 20-30 years, if not longer. Well connected people openly break (particularly financial) laws and their is no consequence.

A bunch of opportunists breaking windows and stealing sneakers is the least of our troubles.

Meh, I'm fairly comfortable as I live in a fairly secured apartment complex. Eventhough the crazy is going on around me, I have no fear. But my friends who have these actual houses and shit, they generally have been introduced to fear for their family. That isn't going to go away, and it sure as shit isn't going to result in a movement to defund the police.

Our entire city is basically boarded up, people are boarding up their houses. No number of unemployed 20 somethings is going to convince people they don't need police.

Meh, I'm fairly comfortable as I live in a fairly secured apartment complex. Eventhough the crazy is going on around me, I have no fear. But my friends who have these actual houses and shit, they generally have been introduced to fear for their family. That isn't going to go away, and it sure as shit isn't going to result in a movement to defund the police.

Seems like your friends have a sense of how people live in fear of the police. Big difference is that the police get away with their rioting and looting.

I was a police chief stopped by my own officer. After Floyd, we need change at all levels.

At 14, the more I screamed, the more the police beat me. That day, I promised myself I would become a Detroit police officer and change the force.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...hange-former-detroit-chief-column/5341884002/

———
In 1957, I was a freshman at Cass Technical High School. As I walked home after speaking with my favorite teacher, four white police officers jumped out of their cruiser, threw me against it and beat me severely. I hadn’t done anything wrong. Officers in the feared “Big Four” were well-known in the black community for brutally maintaining their kind of “Law and Order.” The more I screamed, the more they beat me. Time seemed to stand still as I saw the anger on their faces and the horror on the faces of black people who gathered around us, yelling for the police to stop. 

After what felt like hours, they told me to get my ass out of there. I ran home crying but did not tell my parents, fearful that it would put them in danger. I was 14, the same age as Emmett Till when he was killed in Mississippi two years earlier. I was scared, angry and confused. Why did they hurt me? 
——-

——-

Two years later, I felt the sting of betrayal as an officer during the 1967 rebellion. One night, after a grueling shift, two white DPD officers pulled me over. I was still in uniform, badge affixed to my chest and a #2 pin on my collar, indicating that I worked in the 2nd Precinct. I identified myself as a fellow officer, thinking they would see me as an equal. Instead, one pointed his gun at me and said, “Tonight you’re going to die, n-----,” before discharging his weapon. I dove back into my vehicle and miraculously managed to escape. I realized then that not even our shared uniform could save me from their racism. And I wondered that if they were willing to shoot and kill a black police officer, what were they willing to do to black civilians? 

As a supervisor a few years later, I stopped a group of officers from beating three black teens. I was finally in a position to hold them accountable for their excessive use of force. But my precinct commander yelled at me for attempting to "ruin the lives of those good officers." I witnessed this kind of complicity repeatedly. When other officers reported abuse, as they should, they were ostracized, transferred to lesser assignments and treated so poorly that many quit.  

———-

especially since he can’t figure out how to fucking post witthout multi quoting

It’s true that trial conservatives are having more kids then urban liberals, but that has been happening for decades and decades. Not a new phenomenon

Sorry, late to the party. Not his career best finish but his best finish at the specific track (Martinsville). His best career finish was 2nd at the Daytona 500 in 2018 and then 3rd last year in Indianapolis. He's having a much better run this year compared to his previous seasons and he's a good person to boot.

I should add that he's won 6 NASCAR truck series races as well. https://www.racing-reference.info/driver/Bubba_Wallace

If Bubba is going to have success in Nascar, he needs a better ride than that 43 car.

Here’s another bad example from last night.

Black man drunk passes out in his car by a Wendy’s, cops are called for a traffic disruption, perform a sobriety test, officers attempt to arrest the man, so drunk he resists arrest, gets tased multiple times but nothing comes of it, escapes and runs away, as running away appears to be shot multiple times in the back, has now died. So killed for being drunk, clearly disoriented from being drunk, and hurting some cops ego for escaping them. No real harm to others except self, know who they are because they have the car, but the course of actions is to shoot him, kill him, while also endagering all the people around Wendy’s by firing their weapons.

https://www.11alive.com/mobile/arti...-stop/85-b7faf368-0315-4db5-b863-4d6a4c140784

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158689918419664&id=637569663&sfnsn=mo&d=n&vh=i

The eyes of the world are on these assholes and they just can’t help themselves from escalating situations and killing people.

Back