• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

To expand on what Juice said:

This is what Mariame Kaba says about reforms you should always oppose:

1. It's an app. No.
2. Less policing because it removes face-to-face interactions. A traffic stop would be less likely to turn into "resisting."
3. a. No, b. certainly possible, c. agreed but again this limits face-to-face interactions

I'm trying to figure out what some of you all think this app actually is. If you get pulled over, you can talk to the cop from your phone rather than the cop getting out of the car.

... If you get pulled over, you can talk to the cop from your phone rather than the cop getting out of the car.

You could already do that now, you could talk to a cop while you're on the shitter, on a Rollercoaster, the possibilities are endless. What's the app for?

I'm trying to figure out what some of you all think this app actually is. If you get pulled over, you can talk to the cop from your phone rather than the cop getting out of the car.

My post comes directly from the information the website provides. Your last sentence seems to be deliberately reductive in the face of pretty obvious privacy/data concerns.

So my prior is that we should essentially ban most traffic stops and replace them with red light cameras, lower speed limits, and speed cameras that are not managed by the police at all. But some people get all civil liberties-y about camera enforcement. What are our thoughts on that?

So my prior is that we should essentially ban most traffic stops and replace them with red light cameras, lower speed limits, and speed cameras that are not managed by the police at all. But some people get all civil liberties-y about camera enforcement. What are our thoughts on that?

Some people will always be twats.

Camera enforcement already exists, and will be everywhere at some point regardless. Reducing police encounters is a good thing, but some of this technology will vastly increase the number of municipal fines, which is also a civil rights issue even if no one dies or is seriously injured in a police encounter. People are going to get pissed if eveyone who goes 3mph over the speed limit suddenly gets a ticket. We would have to re-think what we enforce and don't enforce, although we really need to do that regardless.

The camo'd federal officers shot someone in the head:

Police shoot Portland protester in head with impact weapon, causing severe injuries

Feds Vowed to Quell Unrest in Portland. Local Leaders Are Telling Them to Leave.

The next day, video appeared to show one protester, Donavan La Bella, holding a sign across the street from the federal courthouse being struck in the head by an impact munition, leading to a bloody scene on the street. His mother has told local media that he suffered skull fractures and needed surgery.

Remember when the Texas governor used a military exercise in Texas to gin up fear that Obama was invading the state?

I know it gets tiresome to do the "what if Obama did this" exercise, but FFS.

The camo'd federal officers shot someone in the head:

Police shoot Portland protester in head with impact weapon, causing severe injuries

Feds Vowed to Quell Unrest in Portland. Local Leaders Are Telling Them to Leave.

Remember when the Texas governor used a military exercise in Texas to gin up fear that Obama was invading the state?

I know it gets tiresome to do the "what if Obama did this" exercise, but FFS.

The problem is that calls to Republican hypocrisy don't work, because Republicans don't care about logical consistency. "Liberty" means liberty for Republicans. "Justice" means justice for Republicans. If you aren't a white person that supports the conservative social order and status quo, then you deserve to be punished by the state - particularly if you are a political activist who challenges authority, or a black person who resists arrest. This all makes a lot more sense when you realize that Republicans care more about respect for authority than they care about your life. Every person you've ever seen with a blue lives matter sticker on their car would cheer on a police officer murdering you.

Great post.

I'd add that Republicans care about respecting Republican authority.

yes, that is more accurate. The "conservative social order" is lead by who ever the most high profile Republican in America at any given moment, whether it be the President, the Senate Majority leader, or Sean Hannity. You can bet your ass that when Republicans lose the white house and senate, their leadership will fall to whatever pied piper leads their "resistance" against Marxist Joe Biden and his Bernie Sanders agenda. Authoritarians only understand life by being culturally led around like dogs on a leash.

Last edited:
The problem is that calls to Republican hypocrisy don't work, because Republicans don't care about logical consistency. "Liberty" means liberty for Republicans. "Justice" means justice for Republicans. If you aren't a white person that supports the conservative social order and status quo, then you deserve to be punished by the state - particularly if you are a political activist who challenges authority, or a black person who resists arrest. This all makes a lot more sense when you realize that Republicans care more about respect for authority than they care about your life. Every person you've ever seen with a blue lives matter sticker on their car would cheer on a police officer murdering you.

Good post. They see themselves as victims if they can’t be aggressors.

Breonna Taylor was briefly alive after police shot her. But no one tried to treat her

"(Police are) yelling like, 'Come out, come out,' and I'm on the phone with her (mom). I'm still yelling help because she's over here coughing and, like, I'm just freaking out," Walker said in a recorded police interview three hours after the shooting.

The Jefferson County coroner disputes that account, telling The Courier Journal that Taylor likely died within a minute of being shot and couldn't have been saved.

But records show that no effort was made to save her.

For more than 20 minutes after Taylor was fatally shot at approximately 12:43 a.m. by Louisville officers, the 26-year-old emergency room technician lay where she fell in her hallway, receiving no medical attention, according to dispatch logs.

Cops trotting out the "she would have died anyway" defense, as if the officer knew that as they were not attending to her.

Cops trotting out the "she would have died anyway" defense, as if the officer knew that as they were not attending to her.

That's one of the most outrageous commonalities of these police shooting events - the officers never try to save the life of the person they shoot. They just leave these human beings untouched and alone, bleeding out and suffocating to death. It's sociopathic.

Yep. You’d think that failure to attempt to save someone’s life after shooting them would invalidate any claims of self-defense.

White women using their bodies to shield protesters from authoritarian violence is one of the most unexpected developments of 2020.

Google “Naked Athena” (obviously NSFW)

Last edited:
One of the officers in the Floyd case attempted CPR. This board is left of Marx.

https://kttc.com/2020/06/10/police-officer-in-george-floyd-case-out-on-bail/

“The criminal complaint also says that Lane expressed concern about Floyd and asked Chauvin twice if they should roll Floyd to his side, but Chauvin said no. Gray said Lane also performed CPR in the ambulance.”

In the ambulance. Performative CYA CPR after Floyd had been dead for 3+ minutes. That’s closer to necrophilia than public safety.

Lane could have saved Floyd’s life. He chose not to do so. You need better heroes, center.

Last edited:
Back