• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

sounds like this kid drove over, with his gun, from Illinois...

1. Does that mean premeditation? It seems to me that if you bring your weapons to the front line to use them, it is premeditated.

2. Stand Your Ground vs Castle Doctrine - castle can be your dwelling, your vehicle, or your business. WI does not have stand your ground.

3. If specifically taking weapons to this area is premeditation, why is this not 1st degree murder?

So when the Democratic consensus is "Of course we don't want to defund police, thats crazy" how the fuck do they deal with this shit?

So when the Democratic consensus is "Of course we don't want to defund police, thats crazy" how the fuck do they deal with this shit?

just don't interrupt biff and his one cheat day white zinfandel

I say the answer is actually superfunding the police (like double or triple the budgets)- pay $75k out of the academy, must have a college degree to apply. Every squad car responding to an incident must have 2 officers in it- one of them must be black and the other non-black. Require the highest tech hi-def cams on all officers and squad cars- cameras on cars must provide full 360' coverage. Equip all officers with the latest in non-lethal technology for subduing suspects- eg. AR-15 style rubber bullet weapons (couldn't something like that have knocked that guy down before he got to his car?) Require 10 hours of training per month. Enact zero tolerance policies- you screw up, you're out- goes into a national no-hire database. Invest heavily in neighborhood reachout programs (build precincts in heavy crime neighborhoods, coffee with cops events monthly, cops come into school to help tutor, read to kids, ride along days, etc).

Arrest made in last night’s shooting, supposedly.

I see it’s already announced here...press conference on now...opening with appeal for peace and avoidance of violence.

Last edited:
I say the answer is actually superfunding the police (like double or triple the budgets)- pay $75k out of the academy, must have a college degree to apply. Every squad car responding to an incident must have 2 officers in it- one of them must be black and the other non-black. Require the highest tech hi-def cams on all officers and squad cars- cameras on cars must provide full 360' coverage. Equip all officers with the latest in non-lethal technology for subduing suspects- eg. AR-15 style rubber bullet weapons (couldn't something like that have knocked that guy down before he got to his car?) Require 10 hours of training per month. Enact zero tolerance policies- you screw up, you're out- goes into a national no-hire database. Invest heavily in neighborhood reachout programs (build precincts in heavy crime neighborhoods, coffee with cops events monthly, cops come into school to help tutor, read to kids, ride along days, etc).

Jesus, no. These are all bad ideas.

Jesus, no. These are all bad ideas.

AmazingSpecificCat-small.gif

Why is the bold OK?

To the rest, we shouldn't have to spend that much money to get police to treat people like human beings. The fact that we do should demonstrate a flaw in the system.

Putting aside that your utopia is never going to exist and a police force will always exist then they seem pretty good.

Go read the Vanity Fair article on abolition i posted yesterday to the Police and Prison Abolition thread.

Absolutely wild presser. It’s almost as if nobody got arrested. Cops continue to make the strongest argument every time they speak that they may not be great overall.

I for one am shocked by this information.

"On Facebook, Rittenhouse, who lives about 40 minutes outside of Kenosha, WI, posed with his long gun in American Flag slippers. Several of his photos on Facebook were set on the background of Blue Lives Matter flags and insignia.

One photo of him from 2017 shows him dressed as a safety cadet, a program for youths interested in law enforcement, at Target. The photo has since been removed."

jesus christ no

I for one am shocked by this information.

"On Facebook, Rittenhouse, who lives about 40 minutes outside of Kenosha, WI, posed with his long gun in American Flag slippers. Several of his photos on Facebook were set on the background of Blue Lives Matter flags and insignia.

One photo of him from 2017 shows him dressed as a safety cadet, a program for youths interested in law enforcement, at Target. The photo has since been removed."

Let’s raise his pay and have him read in schools!

Back