• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

It's like a bunch of racist homophobes consult a group of immature 8th graders and ask them to make them some signs. "Ban homo marriage"

This is straight out of the Antifa play book. Make outlandish signs, hop in the demonstration snap some pics, get the tweets out, control the narrative.

Trump may be an asshole but he's right about the pieces of shit that make up Antifa.

I’m more concerned about the fascists that are solidifying their control over the Republican Party.

Hating one is not mutually exclusive of the other.

Democrats should be fed up with Antifa for bastardizing the cause.

This is straight out of the Antifa play book. Make outlandish signs, hop in the demonstration snap some pics, get the tweets out, control the narrative.

i checked the antifa Slack and yeah some people were talking about doing this

What actual purpose does Antifa serve? I'm trying to see the positives that justify their existence.

What actual purpose does Antifa serve? I'm trying to see the positives that justify their existence.

Seems like your actual question is: “What is the purpose of counterprotesting white supremacist and fascist rallies?”

Because that’s what ANTIFA does.

but like what if they just voted against fascism instead

We should just let Nazis march through the streets terrorizing communities of color.

They oppose fascism. It's right there in the name "anti" as in "in opposition of" and "Fa" which is short for fascism...you see, it is the first two letters of the word.

This is so stupid. Yet again messaging is won by republicans because you have folks like LK discussing “Antifa” like it’s the hate group when there are actual hate groups.

Seems like your actual question is: “What is the purpose of counterprotesting white supremacist and fascist rallies?”

Because that’s what ANTIFA does.

Seriously. What is the actual purpose of your question LK?

Seriously. What is the actual purpose of your question LK?

To question the existence of a group that seems to do nothing more than exist to be coopted by the right as a boogeyman for everything that ever possibly goes wrong at one of their stupid ass rallies? I question what positive they bring specifically because their existence is used as a flak by the right to deflect from their bullshit. Every time I see the news about violence at one of these rallies the name ANTIFA is front and center, when I personally wish the fascist fucktards would just stand on their own without having any way to flip the narrative against them. And yes, I do understand that my even discussing that is indeed falling into that trap myself. I'm just tired of trying to have discussions with my MAGA friends about this shit and literally always hearing "but ANTIFA..."

Couldn't really think of a clear way to articulate that - it's more my frustration coming thru that people keep unintentionally providing ammunition that the other side can use to justify their bullshit. My apologies.

Kinda seems like your problem is with right wing propaganda and not antifa.

Yeah hearing "but ANTIFA" does get old. The right needs a boogyman for their watered down talking points and ANTIFA is that perfect fit.

Kinda seems like your problem is with right wing propaganda and not antifa.

This. Antifa isn’t a group. It’s simply being against fascism. BLM is a group but it’s mostly just believing Black Lives Matter. Republicans and the far right want you to believe Antifa and BLM are perpetrating violence as opposed to standing up against it. It’s frustrating to see otherwise smart people fall for this nonsense.

Nobody can point to an Antifa event that wasn’t a fascist event. That’s because Antifa doesn’t just randomly start shit.

By the way, the DC/Proud Boys stuff is just more evidence of cops aligning with anybody who accuses Black people of a crime.

People think Antifa has bake sales and shit.

Back