• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Windsor, VA

this video made me cry this morning, like what in the actual fuck?

What's so hard about either of these things to watch? What do you people expect to happen to you if after 10 times of being asked to get out of the car by police officers you keep responding "what's going on?" Just shut the hell up and do it.

What's so hard about either of these things to watch? What do you people expect to happen to you if after 10 times of being asked to get out of the car by police officers you keep responding "what's going on?" Just shut the hell up and do it.
They knew exactly what he was doing that he was driving to a well lit area to stop and they treated it like was an armed kidnapper.

They knew exactly what he was doing that he was driving to a well lit area to stop and they treated it like was an armed kidnapper.

Probably somewhere after the 7th time of being told to put both his hands out the window and/or get out of the car but he didn't cause he wanted to videotape it on his phone is when things escalated.

how are you supposed to keep your hands out of the window and get out of the car at the same time

how are you supposed to keep your hands out of the window and get out of the car at the same time

all while two cops have their sidearm trained on you

I probably would not put my hands back into the car for any reason once that happened

all while two cops have their sidearm trained on you

I probably would not put my hands back into the car for any reason once that happened

This. I am amazed that escalated to a felony stop. Police had their guns drawn as soon as they exited their vehicle. Quite honestly, that guy was lucky to get sprayed and not shot.

Spraying that guy jumps a few rungs on the "continuum of force ladder" I was taught in the police academy. Different state but damn, I would have been fired real quick.

jesus fucking christ

Complying with orders doesn't guarantee your safety in a traffic stop. There's evidence out there and I imagine you might have a different opinion if the people getting killed looked like you.

Complying with orders doesn't guarantee your safety in a traffic stop. There's evidence out there and I imagine you might have a different opinion if the people getting killed looked like you.

Certainly better odds if you're complying than if you're not complying.

People who are fucking terrified aren't stopping to run the numbers.

Attempts to communicate are met with escalation. It's right there on video man.

I’m pretty sure more of the unarmed whites are killed by cops than black people.

So it definitely happens, but they probably look a little different than palmas whites. Also I’ve never been pepper sprayed before but can imagine it being a little disorienting.

People who are fucking terrified aren't stopping to run the numbers.

Attempts to communicate are met with escalation. It's right there on video man.

It's right there on video of what not to do if you're pulled over. Cops tell you to do something, you do it. You don't start arguing back.

Easy to say when you don't have two guns drawn on you

Windsor, VA

this video made me cry this morning, like what in the actual fuck?

I’m pretty sure more of the unarmed whites are killed by cops than black people.

So it definitely happens, but they probably look a little different than palmas whites. Also I’ve never been pepper sprayed before but can imagine it being a little disorienting.

It looks like the ratio of police deaths is about 2.5x more likely if you're black than white, which is roughly equal to the poverty rate discrepancies (25-30% of blacks vs 8-10% for whites). Solve the latter and you likely solve the former.

Easy to say when you don't have two guns drawn on you

Would seem easier to me? if I'm walking down the street and someone says to get on the ground, I say fuck off. If they have a gun, I do it.

To be in that situation barking those orders under that circumstance was completely unreasonable. They even admitted that it's quite common for people to drive slowly to a well lit area before stopping and yet somehow they escalated that fact into a felony stop with no other supporting evidence. This is a gross abuse of power and police discretion

Get the fuck out of here about compliance

Dude pulled into a well-lit place and the cops came out of the car with guns trained on him — tell me how many times you’ve been pulled over for a traffic violation and the cop came out with a gun, much less two cops?

From there, as he pints out in the video, there are no requirements to exit the vehicle for a traffic stop and the police would not tell him why he had to exit the vehicle, did not tell him he was under arrest, did not explain why they had their guns drawn from the jump

The man was scared out of his mind about making a move that would get him shot - any sudden movement, even in compliance, put his life in danger like Philandro Castile, so did not complying. A real fucking catch-22.

The police are ebtirely to blame for escalating a traffic stop for absolutely no reason. Plus dude was in a fucking military uniform for maximum respectability politics.

When was the last time you had a fun in your face, plama?

Back