• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Well the video starts after the first cop had already spent some time with him. How much time, who knows. But I hear at least 5 times he's asked to turn off the car and put his hands out the vehicle. From the lawsuit it seems he wasn't able to do this because he was too busy trying to record it with his cell phone. How many times of being asked to put your hands out the vehicle and not doing so can a cop not then ask you to exit the vehicle. I haven't really researched this as I figured it was always best to just be a beta and follow orders :shrug:

Seems to me like the guy wanted to create a situation where he could sue for a million bucks by between not complying, taking videos, arguing why he didn't need to exit the vehicle and immediately asking for their supervisors. None of his actions seem to imply he was trying to avoid incident. Therefore, I'd probably reserve my tears for something more worthy of them.

Can't remember if the cops drew guns the time I was arrested for speeding past a few cops going 100mph, it's been awhile. I do remember a lot of yes sirs, though.

Recording with his phone legitimately might be the reason he is alive. Probably made the cops second guess shooting him.

Recording with his phone legitimately might be the reason he is alive. Probably made the cops second guess shooting him.

So in your mind, if a police officer tells you to put your hands up the better course of action is to ignore that and instead take out your cell phone and start recording?

So in your mind, if a police officer tells you to put your hands up the better course of action is to ignore that and instead take out your cell phone and start recording?

You can put your hands up while holding a cell phone.

That should never have happened. Cop #2 escalated beyond anything rational. Toward the end cop #1 looked like he regretted the situation but could not do anything but keep pushing forward.

Neither guy should ever have a badge again. Unfortunately its bumb fuck Virginia so the opaque blue wall will likely close ranks and defend those pieces of shit.

I get the "just comply so you don't die" thinking but its bs that people of color that get pulled over have to worry that this exact type of escalation can lead to their death. Go along to get along... rather get out alive... should not be acceptable to anyone.

“Just comply so you don’t die” is a police state.

That should never have happened. Cop #2 escalated beyond anything rational. Toward the end cop #1 looked like he regretted the situation but could not do anything but keep pushing forward.

Neither guy should ever have a badge again. Unfortunately its bumb fuck Virginia so the opaque blue wall will likely close ranks and defend those pieces of shit.

I get the "just comply so you don't die" thinking but its bs that people of color that get pulled over have to worry that this exact type of escalation can lead to their death. Go along to get along... rather get out alive... should not be acceptable to anyone.

Is it a reasonable fear though, or a bit of a product of now we have cell phone videos of everything that social media makes go viral scaring us into 1,100 page threads about facism? It looks like ph has a 2.5x higher chance of this happening to him than me based on being a black male. It looks like I have a 2x higher chance of suffering from a violent crime by living in los angeles compared to tampa. I don't lose any sleep over that, but I guess I could choose to really get myself worked up about it if I wanted.

Last edited:
“Product of now?”

Jesus Christ dude. Read a decent history book. Black people fearing unequal persecution within the law is nothing new.

“Product of now?”

Jesus Christ dude. Read a decent history book. Black people fearing unequal persecution within the law is nothing new.

Not all fears are always justified

The lifetime odds of a black person dying at the hands of police is roughly 1 in 1,000. It's 1 in 2,500 for a white person. The numbers are obviously much lower if we isolated completely unjustified killings, but there are things you can do (like not be armed) to significantly reduce your risks by a factor of 6.

For comparison your lifetime odds of dying by drowning is 1 in 1,000 and your lifetime odds of dying while riding a bicycle is 3,825. Yet most people who don't die at the hands of police dream of buying a house with a pool.

Last edited:
The lifetime odds of a black person dying at the hands of police is roughly 1 in 1,000. It's 1 in 2,500 for a white person. The numbers are obviously much lower if we isolated completely unjustified killings, but there are things you can do (like not be armed) to significantly reduce your risks by a factor of 6.

For comparison your lifetime odds of dying by drowning is 1 in 1,000 and your lifetime odds of dying while riding a bicycle is 3,825. Yet most people who don't die at the hands of police dream of buying a house with a pool.

This is some Ben Shapiro white nonsense

Love to conflate accidental deaths with state sponsored violence and come out thinking, actually, state sponsored violence is good

Also love to cherry pick statistics to dismiss other people’s life experiences

Also love to cherry pick statistics to dismiss other people’s life experiences

Who's dismissing? My best friend died via drowning in 8th grade, how many people do any of you know who died wrongly at the hands of the state? The numbers are the numbers, townie can choose to ride a bike to work and I can choose to rent a house with a pool, but I doubt either of us spent too much of our time walking around worrying about dying from either.

Who's dismissing? My best friend died via drowning in 8th grade, how many people do any of you know who died wrongly at the hands of the state?

You are dismissing a black person fearing being killed by the police because of statistics you found. Basically saying their fear is not warranted and dismissing their life experiences that might have informed their reactions.

You are dismissing a black person fearing being killed by the police because of statistics you found. Basically saying their fear is not warranted and dismissing their life experiences that might have informed their reactions.

The numbers suggest as long as you're unarmed it's probably an overblown fear compared to what's discussed in the previous 26,617 posts. Much like on the Voter Supression thread the numbers suggest the fear of voter fraud on the right is overblown. Fear often isn't rational.

The numbers suggest as long as you're unarmed it's probably an overblown fear compared to what's discussed in the previous 26,617 posts. Much like on the Voter Supression thread the numbers suggest the fear of voter fraud on the right is overblown. Fear often isn't rational.

Don’t fear death. Got it.

How about the fear of getting shot and surviving, beaten up, unlawful arrest, etc? How about fear of having to defend yourself in court knowing it’s the police department’s word against yours unless you have evidence? Why is that unreasonable?

“I’m not going to die but this is going to ruin my life unless I do something to lawfully defend myself” seems like a reasonable fear.

Windsor, VA

this video made me cry this morning, like what in the actual fuck?

Don’t fear death. Got it.

How about the fear of getting shot and surviving, beaten up, unlawful arrest, etc? How about fear of having to defend yourself in court knowing it’s the police department’s word against yours unless you have evidence? Why is that unreasonable?

“I’m not going to die but this is going to ruin my life unless I do something to lawfully defend myself” seems like a reasonable fear.

I would suggest complying with what the officer requests would greatly reduce these risks. Fuck the Police, not so much.

The Rational Thinker has logged on, and he only cares about two things: trivializing black deaths and playing pinball, and he’s sick of playing pinball

Back