• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

https://weartv.com/news/local/polic...-of-downtown-pensacola-shooting-investigation

Imagine a SWAT team bangs on your front door at 4am yelling for you to open the door for just 10 seconds before they break your door down with a ram and charge in with rifles drawn! It’s fucking insane.

No one gives a shit! Neither Republicans or Democrats care about this. Why? Because it only happens to people in poor/minority neighborhoods.

Fuck, leftists can’t even bring this shit up with poor black voters because they’ve been so brainwashed into authoritarianism that they believe they only thing protecting them are these free reign gestapo police tactics. Thats America. You can get upset about tragedy, but if you take any practical political stand against the systems that cause tragedy then you are just an out of touch idealist.

Last edited:
Weird how people are supposed to have guns in order to shoot intruders but police aren’t required to make sure people know they’re not intruders.

Clearly the goal is to harm people not the safety of citizens or police.

We gotta be tough on crime, we just can’t be racist about it, so we’ll just be tough on crime in the most densely populated and poor American communities…

https://weartv.com/news/local/polic...-of-downtown-pensacola-shooting-investigation

Imagine a SWAT team bangs on your front door at 4am yelling for you to open the door for just 10 seconds before they break your door down with a ram and charge in with rifles drawn! It’s fucking insane.

No one gives a shit! Neither Republicans or Democrats care about this. Why? Because it only happens to people in poor/minority neighborhoods.

Fuck, leftists can’t even bring this shit up with poor black voters because they’ve been so brainwashed into authoritarianism that they believe they only thing protecting them are these free reign gestapo police tactics. Thats America. You can get upset about tragedy, but if you take any practical political stand against the systems that cause tragedy then you are just an out of touch idealist.

*gazpacho tactics

We gotta be tough on crime, we just can’t be racist about it, so we’ll just be tough on crime in the most densely populated and poor American communities…

I don't disagree with this. But being tough on crime usually means the police have to get tough on crime in the parts of the city that are the most violent and crime infested which are usually minority.

I'll use High Point, NC as an example because I work there. A lot of the violent crimes are being committed by young black males. So what's the fix. The kids keep getting younger and younger.

https://greensboro.com/news/local/c...cle_220e26fe-89f1-11ec-a0fa-9bba628700fd.html

I mean this kid was 14. What happened in this kids life that would cause him to shoot and kill a man in the chest at an ATM? The system? Family breakdown? Sad story.

Is there some point in time in which police didn’t heavily patrol Black neighborhoods? No. Hard to say more policing is the solution when there’s always been more policing.

Is there some point in time in which police didn’t heavily patrol Black neighborhoods? No. Hard to say more policing is the solution when there’s always been more policing.

There is no non-racist way to measure crime
In America because American policing is racist, particularly anti-black.

Having said that, crime is far more highly correlative with poverty than race. It just so happens that from Americas racist history of segregating opportunity, Black Americans are extremely disproportionately poor, and due to multiple factors are far more likely to live together in dense urban communities. This allows American law enforcement seemingly every excuse beside racism to over-police Black people. Obviously racist policing affects Black Americans of all types, but poorer Black people in dense urban communities are even more disproportionately policed *and* victims of crime.

Last edited:
The solution to crime will never be more policing, more policing probably exacerbates the problem. The solution to crime is eliminating poverty and economic desegregation.

I mean this kid was 14. What happened in this kids life that would cause him to shoot and kill a man in the chest at an ATM? The system? Family breakdown? Sad story.

Hmmmm, well, I don't know his family situation, but he lives in a gun obsessed country where a certain party fights like hell to make sure guns are everywhere and not regulated so he could easily secure one, fights like hell to make sure certain parents can't earn a living wage, fights like hell to keep people like him out of their neighborhoods, fights like hell to end affirmative action (#bootstraps), fights like hell to protect cops and tell kids like this their lives are meaningless, fights like hell in to keep the war on drugs going, fights like hell to fuck public schools (particularly in low income areas), fights like hell to keep books about black history out of schools, and fights like to make sure parents, maybe like his, are forced to keep a child when they are not in the right circumstances to do so, and then fights like hell to abandon that child after birth.

I'm sure there are other reasons.

The solution to crime will never be more policing, more policing probably exacerbates the problem. The solution to crime is eliminating poverty and economic desegregation.

Crime is definitely mostly a problem associated with poverty, and the historical disproportional bias against black people is due to historical discrimination and racist government policies.

However, some studies do show, at least on a short/intermediate term basis that more police officers in certain high crime areas has a statistically significant reduction in certain crimes like murder, assault, and property crimes.

This was a study based on NYC and stop and frisk. I remember reading it when Bloomberg and stop and frisk policies were in the news back in the primary. It found stop and frisk doesn't have an impact to reduce crime, but the additional number of officers in a high crime neighborhood does lower the crime rate.

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0157223

^
37ac459aa3af1dec53f9556b565540f2.jpg

Class warfare

So if I come burglarize your house and you call the cops and I get arrested, that would make you a fascist ?

People need to click on the tweet and look at the pictures. The tweet doesn't really mean much without them.

Does it matter what gets stolen?

Hey, I want some food and bathroom supplies from Harris Teeter. I'm just gonna walk out of there without paying and it's all ok?

Hey, I want some food and bathroom supplies from Harris Teeter. I'm just gonna walk out of there without paying and it's all ok?

Yes.

Obviously, we can't judge need vs. want, but I feel different when someone steals baby formula and diapers vs. a Gucci purse.

Dude…this is probably not the best tweet for your aggressive centrism. No shit it’s wrong to steal but it’s fuckin diapers man, no one should feel good about someone getting arrested for stealing diapers.

Back