• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Try getting a cop to actually help you with something that’s supposed to be their job. Good fucking luck. They can beat the shit out of citizens, shoot ‘em in the back while they flee, no consequences. It’s fucking sickening

The Supreme Court ruled they don't actually have to help you. It's all propaganda. It's a government brute squad, a gang. They're not even really "first responders." I forget who said it, but it was brilliant. "Nobody out there is saying 'Fuck the fire department.'"

The Supreme Court ruled they don't actually have to help you. It's all propaganda. It's a government brute squad, a gang. They're not even really "first responders." I forget who said it, but it was brilliant. "Nobody out there is saying 'Fuck the fire department.'"

Speaking of the fire department, I learned today the Greensboro FD will come out and install new smoke detectors in your house for free.

Can’t you retire from being a cop at like 45 with full pension? Low paid my ass.

Depends on when you started, if you have lots of sick days, time served in the military, etc.

Typically, you start at 21 and have to serve 30 years before you're eligible in NC. But, you can subtract military service and sick time.

Should be easy to fix then. All the good guys should take the not dangerous job that pays too much.

Cops' pensions will vary greatly by state and even municipality. One of the most generous retirement plans I've ever seen was for a town in CT.

Yeah I'm not too comfortable going beyond that, ITC is on the right track though, it's as Connecticut-y as it gets.

That fair.

I don't really care about the name. Just curious what generous benefits they are. Or not.

It's been a while (like 15 years ago when I was dealing with it) but it was possible to collect full, unreduced benefits at 45 and that benefit was very close to your average salary. I wish I could remember more details but brain's getting older, not wiser.

AP reporting "police have killed roughly three people per day consistently since 2020."

And to my knowledge it doesn’t include deaths by Corrections officers or other state actors.

Back