• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

say what you will about these kids and their education, but seems like many are grasping the idea of leverage

pretty important out in the so-called real world
Don’t know if you saw my theory post, but I think there is a major disagreement over the legitimacy of protest as a means to gain leverage “waves hand over all the “right to work” states on the map”

Anecdotally I have talked to my probably 10 conservatives in my life about political protesting and the efficacy of mass organizing to bring about change and all of them have refused to support the concept. Most of them wouldn’t even acknowledge past protest movements that were successful, not women’s suffrage, Black civil rights, workers rights, nothing. It’s perplexing.

seems lazy

broke: trespassing
woke: political protest
bespoke: pulling yourself up by the bootstraps and deploying a Made in America social economy-based strategy to liberty for all that follows the teachings of Christ our Savior when he said love thy neighbor

i do think a good faith conversation about the efficacy of protesting in 2024 is worth having -- methods can and should adapt to their moment in history

it's the "good faith" piece that is so rarely present

Anecdotally I have talked to my probably 10 conservatives in my life about political protesting and the efficacy of mass organizing to bring about change and all of them have refused to support the concept. Most of them wouldn’t even acknowledge past protest movements that were successful, not women’s suffrage, Black civil rights, workers rights, nothing. It’s perplexing.

How about astroturf conservative protests like the Brooks Brothers riot, Tea Party, and protests at school board meetings?

I think the tweet is a tad misleading. I initially thought it was tone-deaf student response but it sounds like administrators might actually stop food from being delivered to them. While not anywhere near on the level of a humanitarian crisis, to prevent them from getting a pizza delivered to them looks bad. This isn’t a medieval siege where you cut off supplies to the castle and starve them out.

I think the tweet is a tad misleading. I initially thought it was tone-deaf student response but it sounds like administrators might actually stop food from being delivered to them. While not anywhere near on the level of a humanitarian crisis, to prevent them from getting a pizza delivered to them looks bad. This isn’t a medieval siege where you cut off supplies to the castle and starve them out.
Eh, demanding the police give grubhub access to a building you are illegally occupying is pretty ridiculous. That feels like a misunderstanding of civil disobediance.

Back