• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Imagine what would have happened if there hadn't been a video of the incident.

Would have probably walked because he said he feared for his life.

No need to imagine, we already have what police/"witnesses" described.

I hope they go after the so-called witnesses as well.

And the police officer that watched his co-worker plant evidence.

Man, that guy wasted no time coming up with his cover up.

That video is chilling. Would planting evidence to cover up a murder elevate it to murder 1? This should be shown and talked about at every police academy in America.

I hope they go after the so-called witnesses as well.

At least subpoena them and question them under oath to see if they make the same claims now that the video is published.

I'm trying to resist jumping to conclusions, but everything in that video, and the taser planting is like a Scorsese movie.

Officers may shoot a fleeing felon (even in the back) if he poses an immediate risk to human life upon escape. Based on the stories I've read about this case, and after seeing the video, it is hard to imagine a scenario where that standard was met here. Walter Scott seemed to pose a bigger threat to a dozen doughnuts than to human life.

I'm impressed Junebug.

And he planted evidence in order to support what he later put in his report. They even lied about administering CPR. Will the other police get in any trouble for lying in the police report?

Two questions. How does jailing someone for back child support help the child?

Are other states beside SC charging officers with murder? I haven't see any other than this one and the officer who shot the truck driver for complying with the officer's request to get his ID.

Actually today another officer in North Augusta SC was charged in an illegal shooting and arrested, a couple of months ago a highway patrolman was charged in a shooting of an unarmed motorist, and a police chief is being tried for the shooting of an unarmed suspect.

SC messes a lot of crap up, but I'm happy to see that we aren't letting this shit slide and get swept under the rug.

Are other states beside SC charging officers with murder? I haven't see any other than this one and the officer who shot the truck driver for complying with the officer's request to get his ID.

I feel like the DA in Brooklyn has been going after brutality cases recently. Not sure if any amounted to murder like this.

I'm impressed ONW. But I'd say this is one where we don't have to jump to conclusions. We can arrive at them based on good evidence.

If it wasn't for the video, your "evidence" would be the police report. And you would continually post that Scott shouldn't have gone for the officer's taser.

If it wasn't for the video, your "evidence" would be the police report. And you would continually post that Scott shouldn't have gone for the officer's taser.

Without the video it would have been interesting to see what SLED would gave determined in their investigation. They've been pretty hardcore of late at nailing police officers acting outside of the law.

You missed the part where the officer planted the taser by the dead body.

Police testimony is not as infallible as you claim. That's the point. Very few situations have video evidence to refute police coverups that are very easy to execute.

that shooting happened on a road where i stop by 5 or 6 stores every week. scary.

You missed the part where the officer planted the taser by the dead body.

Police testimony is not as infallible as you claim. That's the point. Very few situations have video evidence to refute police coverups that are very easy to execute.

lawyers gonna lawyer

Yet whenever anybody has argued that police testimony isn't infallible or suggested police lie to cover their asses, you get surly.

Walter Scott choose flight over fight. I'm not sure how you can tell Scott smacked the taser out of the officer's hand. Either way, the taser had already been fired, so it's not like Scott took an active weapon. It looked to me like the officer dropped a taser that had already been used in order to fire his gun.

Which he shouldn't have. He didn't deserve to die for it, but he wouldn't be dead if he hadn't.

In any event, from a legal standpoint, all anyone can ever do is evaluate evidence. Good thing we have a video here.
You never miss a chance to be an asshole, do you? Even when the situation is clear as fucking crystal you can't help but make fat jokes about the victim and then blame him for getting shot in the back 8 times. Maybe if the psycopath officer hadn't shot Walter Scott in the back 8 times, Walter Scott wouldn't have been shot in the back 8 times! You ever consider that line of logic? Maybe if Michael Slager's mom had had a fucking abortion, maybe Walter Scott wouldn't have been shot in the back 8 times. You see how both sides can play this stupid fucking game?

And to be clear, I'm not even that upset, actually listening to a funny podcast right now, I'm just astounded at junebugs need to insert snide victim blaming bullshit comments into each discussion on this thread.

I mean, have any of us dumb liberals ever considered the idea that if these criminals never committed crimes, or lived around crime, they might not ever be killed by police officers?

Last edited:
Back