• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

I wonder when and how the police department actually found out he was the shooter.

Not sure how, but given his immediate disappearance I would say they found out quickly.

Seriously, have any of you dwarves been punched in the face?

All bets are typically off at that point.

Not sure how, but given his immediate disappearance I would say they found out quickly.

He disappeared immediately? I didn't know that - they have video of him near the body after all the ropes are up but it's still uncovered so I thought he was there for a while. Or maybe they have the wrong officer in the video.

Not trying to fit a narrative - I don't buy the "he put his hands up and said I don't have a weapon then they just kept shooting him" stuff either. Lots of similarities to all the "witnesses" in the Trayvon Martin altercation.

He disappeared immediately? I didn't know that - they have video of him near the body after all the ropes are up but it's still uncovered so I thought he was there for a while. Or maybe they have the wrong officer in the video.

Not trying to fit a narrative - I don't buy the "he put his hands up and said I don't have a weapon then they just kept shooting him" stuff either. Lots of similarities to all the "witnesses" in the Trayvon Martin altercation.

I meant immediately more in the "completely vanished from the public eye" as soon as he left the scene. I'm just guessing the police department very quickly got him stashed away someplace while they worked through this mess.

Too many of the witnesses seem to have a scripted narrative they are trying to promote.

maybe a vet or someone who knows police officers could answer this but are when authorized to fire or a situation demands usage of a firearm, are you trained to fire once or the "minimum necessary" or are you trained to fire a few rounds at your target anytime a gun is brought to bear. Or is that not a training issue.

I meant immediately more in the "completely vanished from the public eye" as soon as he left the scene. I'm just guessing the police department very quickly got him stashed away someplace while they worked through this mess.

Too many of the witnesses seem to have a scripted narrative they are trying to promote.

Gotcha. I think the description you can hear in the background of that cell phone recording is probably the most accurate. Didn't know he was being recorded and it was immediately after the event. Plus it depicts what sounds like bad judgment by all involved.

Agree with the 2nd part. Having a "caved in face" is certainly not in line with the behavior after. Factually (correct me if I'm wrong)

1) There is audio of the dispatcher having a discussion with Wilson where she asks him about a shooting, and he presumably (you can only hear the dispatcher) feigns ignorance.
2) His face is described as bruised on scene, didn't require treatment or surgery, and didn't even warrant a hospital visit until many hours after the incident and he was released shortly after.
3) Wilson didn't report the shooting nor did he make any request for an ambulance, even after being contacted by dispatch and sent to check on a possible incident.

"He was in shock" doesn't seem all that reasonable a cover for everything above. "He fucked up" seems much more reasonable. I wonder when and how the police department actually found out he was the shooter.
Is it just me or has Brown gotten much bigger, and Wilson's black eye gotten much worse in the last few days? Reminds me of that time that Trayvon Martin was 6'2, 190, and looked coincidentally just like rapper "The Game".

my prob with the description there is it just doesn't really tell all that much. seems like he was gesturing and the cross talk makes it confusing. it certainly doesn't seem to undermine either account imo, and the point of bad decisions all around certainly seems to hold.

Is it just me or has Brown gotten much bigger, and Wilson's black eye gotten much worse in the last few days? Reminds me of that time that Trayvon Martin was 6'2, 190, and looked coincidentally just like rapper "The Game".

"orbital blowout fracture to the eye socket" what does this actually mean? Is his eye socket crushed, or is the bone simply fractured? It does seem that Brown's size was not really mentioned in early reports but has been a point in later ones.

You think an orbital fracture is as trivial as a simple black eye?

Is his face "caved in?" No, not in the literal sense. Did he sustain a serious injury? If the reports of the blow out fracture are true, he certainly did. Should he have responded with deadly force? IMO, nope, but I'm not the one who is in that fight.

Last edited:
If your response to being punched in the face is immediately wanting to murder someone; please don't get into any fist fights. Thanks!

actually, i think you can get an orbital fracture pretty easily. i'm sure it was fucking painful but it doesnt mean his face looked like it was collapsing in on itself.

that dude on the real world had his orbital broken by a guy on bourbon st and it looked pretty normal right afterwards until the swelling at the hospital

When somebody is crazy enough to hit a cop in the face, the police officer should rightly assume that the person would kill them given the opportunity.

"orbital blowout fracture to the eye socket" what does this actually mean? Is his eye socket crushed, or is the bone simply fractured? It does seem that Brown's size was not really mentioned in early reports but has been a point in later ones.

It sounds way worse than it is in most cases. I've known a few people who were injured that way. One from a punch, one from a car accident, and one from a baseball to the face. 2 of the 3 healed up fine without surgery. The third had a noticeable droop in his eye and had to have surgery to repair it. From what little I've read, it doesn't seem too different from a broken nose. It hurts like hell, but should almost always heal up fine. Sometimes it's a bit more serious, and down the road can cause some other issues.

I must have read the same report that DC did, showing that Wilson didn't get any immediate treatment on his eye. I'm sure you all have seen the news reports showing that broken orbital bone diagnosis, but I haven't. Was that info released alongside the robbery video?

Last edited:
Back