• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Both of those are valid and logical thoughts about implicit bias. What both of you need to consider is that your surroundings since birth have influenced your implicit bias - school, parents, the media you choose to consume and the media you subconsciously absorb. So your implicit bias isn't necessarily anyone's fault, and it isn't necessarily evolutionarily or genetically derived.

Here for you.

I would love to hear the CEO say during a meeting with investors: "I use instinct and personal feel/anecdotes instead of data that is well substantiated in my field of business."

Do BLM care when white people are shot by the police or is there a lack of concern, if there is any notice at all? Should we start a White Lives Matter movement for all the white deaths that are ignored? Would that be racist?

Most people of color don't expect "preferential treatment", they just want "equal treatment".

I'm just pointing this out as a semantics note. Not trying to go down the Affirmative Action road again.

Observation: 27 is a fair, if misguided, bro.

Do BLM care when white people are shot by the police or is there a lack of concern, if there is any notice at all? Should we start a White Lives Matter movement for all the white deaths that are ignored? Would that be racist?

Police killed 5 white people on the same day Keith Lamont died.
lol it's cute envisioning that hamster wheel spinning in your head. Next time you think up such a clever retort you might want to check out 2014 twitter

lol it's cute envisioning that hamster wheel spinning in your head. Next time you think up such a clever retort you might want to check out 2014 twitter

Nothing cute or funny about those five people losing their lives and your blithe response- solely because they don't happen to be your much mythologized "poc".

Nothing cute or funny about those five people losing their lives and your blithe response- solely because they don't happen to be your much mythologized "poc".
FOH with that tired bullshit. The only time and reason that you blind authoritarians bring up white victims of police violence or black on black crime is to dismiss BLM. You don't give a single fuck about the topic, and thus you have no credibility to speak on white victims of police violence. Why would any person advocating for social justice of any kind care whether or not you considered them a hypocrite? Do you not realize that your opinion of others is just as irrelevant as others opinion of you?

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

FOH with that tired bullshit. The only time and reason that you blind authoritarians bring up white victims of police violence or black on black crime is to dismiss BLM. You don't give a single fuck about the topic, and thus you have no credibility to speak on white victims of police violence. Why would any person advocating for social justice of any kind care whether or not you considered them a hypocrite? Do you not realize that your opinion of others is just as irrelevant as others opinion of you?

Instead of making it an attack on me, maybe you should ask yourself why those five lives don't matter to you or the rest of the nation and if something should be done so that they start to matter- like a White Lives Matter movement. Is that something you would support?

Instead of making it an attack on me, maybe you should ask yourself why those five lives don't matter to you or the rest of the nation and if something should be done so that they start to matter- like a White Lives Matter movement. Is that something you would support?
I'm not entertaining your rhetorical non-sense. If you want to discuss the 5 deaths I would be happy to do so, but not as an ignorant referendum on BLM. You choose.

I'm not entertaining your rhetorical non-sense. If you want to discuss the 5 deaths I would be happy to do so, but not as an ignorant referendum on BLM. You choose.

So then you support BLM ignoring the deaths of white people? Wouldn't you therefore agree there needs to be a White Lives Matter movement to bring these incidents to the public's attention?

Instead of making it an attack on BLM, you should ask yourself why you are only interested in using those men's deaths as political football.

Instead of making it an attack on BLM, you should ask yourself why you are only interested in using those men's deaths as political football.

Take BLM out of the equation. We have five white men who were killed on the same day as Keith Lamont. But there was not the plethora of message board posts, tweets, news coverage, etc. There were no protests and no one knows their names. Do you think it would be a good idea to have a White Lives Matter movement to try and bring these cases out of the shadows and make the public aware of them, so that all lives matter?

The necessity of a *lives matter campaign would depend upon whether or not that subset of people were being fairly served and protected by the American criminal justice system, as compared to the rest of the population. I don't know anything about the deaths, were they killed by police officers under questionable circumstances? If they were killed by the police, is there any precedent of criminal suspects surviving similar circumstances? Are the officers who killed those men being held legally accountable for their actions in accordance with due justice?

Back