• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Shouldn't someone in the black community mention that garner and brown were violent felons and the best way to avoid getting killed by a cop is not to break the law. No ones getting killed by a cop at the library.

Shouldn't someone in the black community mention that garner and brown were violent felons and the best way to avoid getting killed by a cop is not to break the law. No ones getting killed by a cop at the library.

LibraryCop.jpg

So standing behind a table selling loosies is a violent in your world?

Hmmm.....I guess you think jaywalking is similar to rape.

WTF is a library?

Agree everyone should receive dignity. Respect, not so much. Although I doubt many on this board treat Trump with much dignity. I certainly don't.

Webster's: (second definition listed) : a feeling or understanding that someone or something is important, serious, etc., and should be treated in an appropriate way

Every human being is important and deserves to be treated in an appropriate way (a.k.a. as a human being). Even Trump.

Oh the place for you
and the place for me
is the local public library.
They have books and things
that they lend for free.
It's the latest,
it's the greatest, it's the library!

+1

Athletes are representing right now.

635541596932520263-AP-BENGALS-BROWNS-FOOTBALL-69448630.jpg

blacklivesmatter.0.0.jpg

D'Angelo, too:

"Black Messiah is a hell of a name for an album. Many will think it's about religion. Some will jump to the conclusion that I'm calling myself a Black Messiah. For me, the title is about all of us. It's about the world. It's about an idea we can all aspire to. We should all aspire to be a Black Messiah.

It's about people rising up in Ferguson and in Egypt and in Occupy Wall Street and in every place where a community has had enough and decides to make change happen. It's not about praising one charismatic leader but celebrating thousands of them. Not every song on this album is politically charged (though many are), but calling this album Black Messiah creates a landscape where these songs can live to the fullest. Black Messiah is not one man. It's a feeling that, collectively, we are all that leader."

Athletes are representing right now.

635541596932520263-AP-BENGALS-BROWNS-FOOTBALL-69448630.jpg

Union response:

It’s pretty pathetic when athletes think they know the law. They should stick to what they know best on the field. The Cleveland Police protect and serve the Browns stadium and the Browns organization owes us an apology.

Reminder: the Cleveland police department just got shredded by the DOJ for police brutality.

Union response:

Reminder: the Cleveland police department just got shredded by the DOJ for police brutality.

That response is real close to "they should know their place."

Since I guess this is the omnibus thread on police ridiculousness and whether or not race has anything to do with it, I'll just leave this here:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/10/texas-no-knock-swat-raid

Two guys, both with criminal records, shoot and kill cops who are no-knock-raiding their houses in the middle of the night. One gets off at the grand jury level because it was self defense, the other is about to stand trial for capital murder. Guess which one is black and which one is white.

That response is real close to "they should know their place."

Yeah. You would think they would have realized after the Rams game incident with the St. Louis police union that a similar statement would only make them look bad. I realize it's a union and as such it's going to do union things, but seriously... They have to at least have lawyers, right?

Guess which one had a rap sheet that included bank robbery, theft, burglary, and felon in possession and which one had one that included driving while impaired and drug possession?

Putting that difference aside, what are the similarities in the underlying witness accounts of the events that would lead you to believe the cases were materially identical but for the races of the accuseds?

guess which one had drugs in his house and which one did not

Guess which one had a rap sheet that included bank robbery, theft, burglary, and felon in possession and which one had one that included driving while impaired and drug possession?

Putting that irrelevant difference aside, what are the similarities in the underlying witness accounts of the events that would lead you to believe the cases were materially identical but for the races of the accuseds?

So you can either assume:

1. the average grand jury in Texas might treat an accused black man differently from a white man accused of the exact same crime in very similar circumstances.

OR

2. Grand juries typically get things right, so there must be differing eyewitness accounts (from all of the unbiased witnesses present at pre-dawn no-knock drug raids) that would explain the different results. It's definitely not racism.

Have you ever been to Texas?

Back