• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Black lives matter more than white lives. Let's all be clear on that. It's better if all of the apologists on here just admit it. Some are angry at the world because rich white guys deemed them unemployable (Townie) and others have a racist agenda (Ph). Either way. Black lives matter more than white lives.

You just did it in your last post before this one when you ridiculously tried to equate Michael Brown with those two police officers in NY. Those police officers were there to uphold the law and maintain public safety. Michael Brown spent the last day of his life repeatedly breaking the law and physically assaulting people.
Did they not teach reading comprehension at Wake back in the day?

The author states the exact opposite of what you interpreted him to be saying.

You are completely FOS, Strickland. Are you another one of those professional students that we have on this board who have never done a damned thing in their life except go to school for years & years & years....probably on someone else's dime....and now know everything there is to know about everything?
You read the post wrong and have become a condescending prick on this thread.

And not that it changes anything but I worked for three years before going back to school and I have taught each year that I have been in school as a component of my funding package. Teaching undergraduates at a public university is a job, a harder job then I bet you imagine it to be.

Read the post and respond to it or don't bother. If you disagree with what the man wrote then disagree with it. Don't make shit up and then disagree with the shit you made up.

Black lives matter more than white lives. Let's all be clear on that. It's better if all of the apologists on here just admit it. Some are angry at the world because rich white guys deemed them unemployable (Townie) and others have a racist agenda (Ph). Either way. Black lives matter more than white lives.

i think caturday writes for chateau heartiste (which, if anything, is a very entertaining read)

I was quoting somebody, genius. I didn't say anything.

Before you throw a chair, make sure you know who you're throwing it at.

And the author doesn't equate the two situations. In fact, he is critiquing those who do equate them (which is why I posted it).

BKF, you would potentially have some good points (re: comparison of Brown's family vs. NYC officer's families), but they get drowned out by your personal attacks of posters.

And not that it changes anything but I worked for three years before going back to school and I have taught each year that I have been in school as a component of my funding package. Teaching undergraduates at a public university is a job, a harder job then I bet you imagine it to be.

Respect.

You are so condescending, Childress, and the irony is that you totally lack the life experiences to justify your arrogant feeling of superiority on the subject. I'm trying my best to be nice to you....as I said that I would in my PM the other day....but this smug morally superior attitude that you constantly emit is making it very difficult.

Awesome

Seems like they are saying they lack empathy for the cops who were killed.

There's been a similar lack of empathy for those killed by the police (bkf in particular said he lacked empathy for Michael Brown IIRC).

Teaching and encouraging empathy for other people would go a long way in solving a lot of the problems discussed on this thread.

You truly are a fucking idiot

Implicit in "Blacklivesmatter" is that black lives matter more than other lives and/or there are a large group of people that do not believe black lives matter.

If you are interested in solving this problem rather than lining up people on two sides to oppose each other then it would just be "livesmatter". Then again nobody would be opposed to that and it would not gain the same traction.

Implicit in "Blacklivesmatter" is that black lives matter more than other lives and/or there are a large group of people that do not believe black lives matter.

If you are interested in solving this problem rather than lining up people on two sides to oppose each other then it would just be "livesmatter". Then again nobody would be opposed to that and it would not gain the same traction.

Nope. Not even close.

Oh man if only poor black people had a literal get out of jail free card like rich white dudes.

Wassup, bitches?!?!!

Jamie_Dimon,_CEO_of_JPMorgan_Chase.jpg

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-9-billion-witness-20141106

Fleischmann is the central witness in one of the biggest cases of white-collar crime in American history, possessing secrets that JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon late last year paid $9 billion (not $13 billion as regularly reported – more on that later) to keep the public from hearing.

Are you fucking high?

Nowhere is it even remotely implied that black lives matter more than the lives of any other race. It is however implied that black lives matter as much as any other race.

You know who evidently thinks that black lives don't matter? A lot of other black people....because if they thought black lives mattered, they wouldn't be killing each other at the rate that they are killing each other. And a hell of a lot of black fathers must not think that black children's live matter, or they wouldn't be bringing black children into the world with no means to support them and then abandoning them to a life of poverty, drugs & crime.

oh for fucks sake

Cops in the US kill about 150 black people per year

Black people in the US kill about 7,000 - 8,000 black people per year.

Why don't black people think black lives matter unless they are killed by a cop?

OH FOR FUCKS SAKE

Reactions: ONW
Back