• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

copied -> pasted

I went to the bar to get out and it was soooo eerie. You can imagine the scene, I won't describe it, but the kicker was about 30 minutes ago. Two cops came into the bar during SRB's statement, everybody is quiet and watching and listening, and he gets everybody's attention. The policeman tells us that he can't make us leave, but he wants everybody to know that if something happens, there's only three or four of them in the neighborhood and he can't guarantee anyone coming if we call for police for an hour or two. But "they're coming" and everyone should go home. That caught everyone's attention quick.

always wonder why the Sovereign Citizen movement doesn't link up with these anti-police riots; you'd think it be a great time for anti-gov types to join forces

In general, you'd think libertarians and tea party types would be against the government killing people without due process but they don't seem to mind.

Also, these are not protesters....an instagram photo got passes around earlier this morning, calling for a purge-like event, and it started with high schoolers being immature assholes. It's snowballed a bit since then, but the vast majority of damage was done by people with undeveloped minds who can't even vote yet. There are lots of images of older citizens trying to calm the situations and make peace, but it's gotten out of hand.

In general, you'd think libertarians and tea party types would be against the government killing people without due process but they don't seem to mind.

seriously, it seems like there could be some serious marriages of convenience. i guess those anarchist losers are all [internet] talk

lol foxnews:

Pretty sure that was referring to this.

Earlier in the day, the Baltimore Police Department said it had received a "credible threat" that gangs were teaming up to "take out" officers.

It did not say where the information came from, nor did it say whether the threat was tied to the recent death of Freddie Gray. Gray died in police custody under circumstances that remain unclear.

His death has sparked ongoing protests in Baltimore and raised long-simmering tensions between police and residents.

"The Baltimore Police Department/Criminal Intelligence Unit has received credible information that members of various gangs including the Black Guerilla Family, Bloods, and Crips have entered into a partnership to 'take out' law enforcement officers," police said. "This is a credible threat."

Up to 5,000 law enforcement officials will be requested from the mid-Atlantic region to help quell the violence in Baltimore, Col. William Pallozzi of the Maryland State Police said at a press conference late Monday.

copied -> pasted

I went to the bar to get out and it was soooo eerie. You can imagine the scene, I won't describe it, but the kicker was about 30 minutes ago. Two cops came into the bar during SRB's statement, everybody is quiet and watching and listening, and he gets everybody's attention. The policeman tells us that he can't make us leave, but he wants everybody to know that if something happens, there's only three or four of them in the neighborhood and he can't guarantee anyone coming if we call for police for an hour or two. But "they're coming" and everyone should go home. That caught everyone's attention quick.

:squint:

seriously, it seems like there could be some serious marriages of convenience. i guess those anarchist losers are all [internet] talk

No, they believe it when it comes to taxation. Taxation without representation (or the representation they like) is bad. Killing without due process is all good.

Trolling to a point, but I do think a good deal of this shit is the direct result of decades of failed liberal policies. I'm referring to the looting and rioting.

As for the actual protesters I think they should be out there when there are obvious abuses of power.

Do you think the broken neck of a man in custody constitutes an obvious abuse of power?

Imagine what would have happened in Baltimore if the cops were over militarized. This went way better than ferguson.

So Ph supports these riots. Unreal. 0 accountability for black people.

I don't think he supports the riots. Just action in fixing the underlying problems. Ph doesn't strike me as a guy who supports violence.

I don't think he supports the riots. Just action in fixing the underlying problems. Ph doesn't strike me as a guy who supports violence.

Yep. Violence on the streets or in police custody.

You know I :heart: you. Hope you're ok!

Physically, so far so good . This is absolutely exhausting though, as if I didn't have enough going on before this. I usually take the subway to work but considering the tensions and areas of the stations, im going to reconsider

How often is this specific issue raised in campaigns electing lawmakers and other officials? I could be wrong, but I would guess that there's a general "keep the streets safe" pitch given by hopefuls and incumbents and nothing more. As such, it's a misguided attack to say that Tea Partiers and Libertarians "don't seem to mind" when officers kill civilians "without due process." Your assertion assumes that this issue is paramount, while in reality it's is something all voters never really hear about or consider when casting a ballot.

Now, if you're talking about Tea Party/Libertarian's starting blogs, web sites, fundraising for foundations, outreach, etc., your assertion likely true, but I'd guess Liberals/Progressives have done nothing of note in that area for obvious reasons.

How often is this specific issue raised in campaigns electing lawmakers and other officials? I could be wrong, but I would guess that there's a general "keep the streets safe" pitch given by hopefuls and incumbents and nothing more. As such, it's a misguided attack to say that Tea Partiers and Libertarians "don't seem to mind" when officers kill civilians "without due process." Your assertion assumes that this issue is paramount, while in reality it's is something all voters never really hear about or consider when casting a ballot.

Now, if you're talking about Tea Party/Libertarian's starting blogs, web sites, fundraising for foundations, outreach, etc., your assertion likely true, but I'd guess Liberals/Progressives have done nothing of note in that area for obvious reasons.

Back