• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

Had no idea what #tcot means so I looked it up on the Google machine: top conservatives on twitter. I always thought conservatives hated teh gheys?!?

Anecdotally, I find that conservatives I know loathe her more than BO himself. I don't really get why, but man the vitriol towards MO is toxic as can be.

I do. She is black. And a woman. But mostly black.

But Hillary wasn't black and got the same treatment. Of course she was more involved in running the White House than Michelle is, but I think the woman thing is a pretty big deal.

I think Roslyn Carter and both of the Bush First Ladies were treated pretty well, but the left tended to equate Nancy Reagan to Marie Antoinette.

But Hillary wasn't black and got the same treatment. Of course she was more involved in running the White House than Michelle is, but I think the woman thing is a pretty big deal.

I think Roslyn Carter and both of the Bush First Ladies were treated pretty well, but the left tended to equate Nancy Reagan to Marie Antoinette.

Probably true, but anything pre-Hillary is a bit of a difficult measure due to the lack of FoxNews, talk radio, and the internet. I'm not ancient like some folks on here, so I don't have much of a memory of Nancy Reagan other than "Just Say No."

Come to think of it, I need to read up on that some. I always thought of that program as a relatively innocuous, positive one- who isn't for keeping kids from getting addicted to drugs? But given what we know now about the crack v. cocaine issue in sentences and the way arrests for drug possession have fucked up black communities, maybe it wasn't.

Probably true, but anything pre-Hillary is a bit of a difficult measure due to the lack of FoxNews, talk radio, and the internet. I'm not ancient like some folks on here, so I don't have much of a memory of Nancy Reagan other than "Just Say No."

Come to think of it, I need to read up on that some. I always thought of that program as a relatively innocuous, positive one- who isn't for keeping kids from getting addicted to drugs? But given what we know now about the crack v. cocaine issue in sentences and the way arrests for drug possession have fucked up black communities, maybe it wasn't.

"Just Say No" whittled down the global drug trade, deteriorating urban communities, sentencing disparities, etc etc to a simple decision as if saying no to drugs would make sure drugs didn't affect your life.

Anecdotally, I find that conservatives I know loathe her more than BO himself. I don't really get why, but man the vitriol towards MO is toxic as can be.

I don't know one Republican that dislikes Michelle more than President Obama. That seems ridiculous.

People don't understand why conservatives hate a woman of color who is in a position of power? That's not even challenging - you just have to look at the demographics of conservatives to get that one right.

People don't understand why conservatives hate a woman of color who is in a position of power? That's not even challenging - you just have to look at the demographics of conservatives to get that one right.

They didn't hate Condoleeza Rice. Certainly not as much as liberals did. Was the hate spewed toward her based on her gender or color?

Yeah I just meant within party lines, not across party lines. Obviously you are more likely to view someone more favorably in the political area if they share many of the same viewpoints as you. Either way, Michelle has a higher overall average favorability rating than HRC did.

They didn't hate Condoleeza Rice. Certainly not as much as liberals did. Was the hate spewed toward her based on her gender or color?

Numbers is off. Michelle Obama is not in a position of power. Condoleeza Rice held several different positions of power in the Federal Government. She had influence on policy that certain people on the left hated. That having been said, I would venture to say very few things have been said about Condoleeza Rice by liberals were nearly as ugly as the facebook quote posted above. Hell, some of the fuckwits on this board seem to get a perverse kick out of defaming her in various racist and misogynistic ways. And don't ever venture over to the Brickyard if you think conservatives don't have Michelle Obama.

Pretty sure it was her policy positions. OTOH, I don't think she got it nearly as badly as Rumsfeld or Cheney. I still feel like there are more ad hominem attacks on Hillary and the first lady that are rooted in their gender as much or more than anything they've done or said.

Most Americans don't even know who Valerie Jarrett is, but hard line conservatives hate her big time.

Anyone else seeing their favorite Facebook crazies freak out about Abu Jamai being selected by the student body to speak at Goddard College?

I am losing track...can we dislike people for policy reasons or only liberals afforded that opportunity?

Well you can, but Michelle Obama hasn't done anything to be "unfavorable" other than support women's rights (not even extremist views) and talk about eating healthier. What is there to dislike about her? That she is married to Barack? I mean I literally can't think of any stance she's taken that would prompt disdain. I mean I guess if you're pro-obesity and sexism then you could dislike her, but what else is there?

Back