• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

I don't need other people to tell me race-based hiring and quotas are problematic.

Yes, I am quite aware that you don't let pesky things like facts or evidence influence your opinions. Good for you!

Reactions: ONW
because film and tv are visual mediums, race can be an important factor for a character but it also may be irrelevant.

A hypothetical lawyer might look into Hollywood hiring practices if, say, he had a potential client tell him that his agent told him the studio said he wasn't suited for a role because he was white. If true, that's a clear violation of Title VII. So much so, that the lawyer would look into industry practices to see if the claim has facial plausibility as a factual matter.

And did this hypothetical lawyer choose to take the case or not? Doesn't sound like it hypothetically of course.

10982279_1002325159796482_6447451836119842450_n.jpg

Uh oh, Junebug is gonna be pissed:

R.J.-Cyler.jpg

The old blue ranger:

grid-cell-13499-1427474709-0.jpg

I always found it amusing that the original Black Ranger was black and the Yellow Ranger was Asian.

Could be wrong, but I was under the impression that Hooter's gets around weight-discrimination laws by claiming that their servers are "actors". That is to say, I think acting roles are exempt from discrimination laws in almost all cases.

Back