• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

Personally I don't think we can expect people over the age of 21 to be able to be responsible drinkers. Since people can't be trusted to be able to drink, the responsible drinkers should have to put the bottle down. Lives aren't worth the price of having a good time. Drinking with children is akin to keeping a loaded gun in your home, or owning a Pittbull.

If America as a whole drank 50% of the world's alcohol, despite making up 5% of the world's population (as it does with gun ownership) then I think America would need to sit down and have a serious discussion about prohibition. At the very least, you would consider limiting some aspects of alcohol consumption such as high gravity beers or perhaps 80+ proof liquors.

Just look at 4Loko. It lasted about a year because it was dangerous and we didn't want other companies tapping into the caffeine/alcohol market, even though anyone over 21 can buy caffeine and alcohol separately.

I will tell you one thing, I certainly wouldn't be looking for Anheuser Busch (the NRA) to give me my talking points on why America needs alcohol.

Not sure what some rapper in Miami has to do with anything, but he should be banned 100%.

Last edited:
um America took serious action on drunk driving in the 70s and the death rate has been cut in half since then even as our population has doubled. We now have
a reasonable balance between freedom and safety with regard to alcohol. https://report.nih.gov/nihfactsheets/ViewFactSheet.aspx?csid=24

Let's take similar action and reach a reasonable balance between safety and freedom on guns. We can cut the firearms death rate by half and that will be a huge victory. We'll never get to 0 like Japan but there's a hell of a lot of lives to be saved.

with the delayed adulthood epidemic we should move basically everything to 21, yes.

Meh. Kids today are way more informed than their predecessors. I’d be in favor of lowering the voting age over raising it.

Personally I don't think we can expect people over the age of 21 to be able to be responsible drinkers. Since people can't be trusted to be able to drink, the responsible drinkers should have to put the bottle down. Lives aren't worth the price of having a good time. Drinking with children is akin to keeping a loaded gun in your home, or owning a Pittbull.

well thank God we train kids to kill (military and hunting) and allow them to purchase weapons well before they are allowed to drink.

If something like .5% of liberals would simply move to Arkansas and Montana and put in an honest days' work for a few years they'd be able to pass any gun control law they want.

Parks & Rec was ahead of its time. It basically predicted 2016.

28055986_2098914693676146_3005720219944841439_n.jpg

Rubes don't understand people can go to one place at one point in time and then be in another place at another point in time.

If anyone is still unsure what is meant by the term, "rube":

Back