• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

I went down the rabbit hole of digging into the comments of a post a MAGA "friend" on Facebook (aka - dude I haven't thought about in 30 years until he sent an invite) liked. By now I tend to think I'm inured to true, actual deplorable behavior, but then I see Republicans cheering for McCain's death and realize there's always more room to rock bottom:

6158740068499456.png

But, remember, liberals need to understand and sympathize with these people, because they're "Real Americans" who just need love, respect, and attention.

I went down the rabbit hole of digging into the comments of a post a MAGA "friend" on Facebook (aka - dude I haven't thought about in 30 years until he sent an invite) liked. By now I tend to think I'm inured to true, actual deplorable behavior, but then I see Republicans cheering for McCain's death and realize there's always more room to rock bottom:

6158740068499456.png
People suck so hard, and it is absolutely amazing how easily the masses can be manipulated. John McCain is a patriot and American hero, these people should be fucking ashamed of themselves.

Were they really manipulated or are they horrible people who found a home in the Republican Party?

Were they really manipulated or are they horrible people who found a home in the Republican Party?

I'll give a brief background of the guy who liked that post. Back when I was a wee laddie, we played a lot and he never struck me as cruel or mean-spirited, but he did strike me as really dumb. As we went through high school, we didn't hang out any more, but I still never would have thought of him as "deplorable". I definitely thought of him as "really fucking dumb". Things change over the years, that's for sure, but my guess is he was swayed by forces he couldn't begin to understand to get to where he is now.

People suck so hard, and it is absolutely amazing how easily the masses can be manipulated. John McCain is a patriot and American hero, these people should be fucking ashamed of themselves.

No doubt McCain is a hero, and these posts are deplorable (yes, I said it) but it is interesting at how these "masses" all seem to be congregating in just one political party right now. I wonder why that is?

McCain will be remembered for these comments and his vote to save Obamacare. But he will also be remembered for leaving the door open for Trump by nominating Palin as his running mate and not speaking up strongly enough against the deplorables and enablers as a candidate and senator before it was too late for the country and himself.

I’ve heard he wants his wife to take his seat but I hope his daughter Meghan does. Her and Sinema would be a good bipartisan duo.

I don’t think they got started as horrible people, I think they are people who were volnerable to being manipulated due to the shitty life situations they put themselves in. They were sitting ducks for a guy like trump to come in and take advantage of.

I'll give a brief background of the guy who liked that post. Back when I was a wee laddie, we played a lot and he never struck me as cruel or mean-spirited, but he did strike me as really dumb. As we went through high school, we didn't hang out any more, but I still never would have thought of him as "deplorable". I definitely thought of him as "really fucking dumb". Things change over the years, that's for sure, but my guess is he was swayed by forces he couldn't begin to understand to get to where he is now.

I guess it does provide some comfort that people like this are basically dumb as shit; not actually reasonable, consciously evil people with much level of agency. Cold comfort, but comfort nonetheless.

Wow. That meme is pretty much unstoppable.

Back