• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

tenor.gif

It was despicable then and it's despicable now. You and the writers of that line are pieces of shit for mocking the killing of Jews.

You my boy and all bro, but I don’t think you really get the context of the joke in that movie. Sounds to me like someone has a case of the Mondays.

So...“no one” means everyone”? Or “should” is code for “shouldn’t”? Is that how this works?

Or is it jus’ all o’ them dadburn “libruls” what’s gots they words all mixed up?

Anti-libruls are libruls!

You my boy and all bro, but I don’t think you really get the context of the joke in that movie. Sounds to me like someone has a case of the Mondays.

When you have lost over 100 members of your family who had to wear that "flair" you might have a different POV.

Would it be "funny" to give Emmett Till's family a jeweled noose?

in the movie Peter is saying it derisively about the TGI Friday's policy, not as a joke about genocide. charitably, as in the movie, junebug is using the phrase as the joke, not the subject as the joke.

in your Tills example, the joke would be making light of the actual act of lynching

When you have lost over 100 members of your family who had to wear that "flair" you might have a different POV.

Would it be "funny" to give Emmett Till's family a jeweled noose?

It's not really a holocaust joke, my man. Have you seen the movie?

If you want to change the Till analogy to saying you could have used his swinging as a metronome to practice the piano, fine.

There can be bad, ill informed lines in an otherwise really funny movie. A guy can do an hour stand-up special that is hilarious but have a horrible attempt in there as well.

I teach Night to basic level high school sophomores in rural NC. Trust me, you'll never hear me defending an actual joke about the Holocaust.

Many times.

Then I'm sorry, friend, but I have no clue what you're upset about. It's not really at the expense of those in the Holocaust. But as a super Waspy Wasp that doesn't have your genealogical background, I shall yield to your right to be offended.

When I call you a loony I am not attacking you personally. I am sure we could have a great time hanging out and listening to music. I just think that you believe some crazy stuff.

Do you mind being more specific?

You know the Nazi’s didn’t actually make the Jews wear pieces of flair, right?

You're right having to wear armbands or badges with a Star of David on them is nothing like flair. That Star basically equaled death.

But you'd know what it feels like. Typical of your arrogant, know-it-all MO.

If Junebug's wife and daughter got rapped and murdered, would it be OK to make fun of it over and over and over again?

RJ's aunts and uncles had pictures of family members who were kidnapped and murdered (It's VERY likely some of the females were raped as well).

To you internet tough guys, if it was your wife, would be OK to post several times year,"she's probably longing for the rapist, because of your pencil dick."

But to Junebug, Milhate and the others it's about them pissing on the graves of RJ's relatives. It's all funny.

To RJ it's not an abstract number or "historical fact". it's REAL people.

But to Junebug, Milhate, Mako, ITC and others it's OK. Each of is absolutely piece of shite and there is no way around this fact and there is no excuse for it.

Of course we are, 90% of Mako's inheritance is coming from Samir's program that siphoned off fractions of a penny at a time.

Just so you know, one of the produceres of Office Space was Michael Rotenberg, who happens to be, you guessed it, Jewish !

Aside from producing a couple of Chris Rock stand-up specials that RJ loves the hell out of:

Rotenberg met Israeli deputy foreign minister Daniel Ayalon in November 2010 to discuss how to portray Israel in movies. "This will help our story to be told and this could become a great tool to brand Israel", Ayalon said. The trip was sponsored by Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles. "This mission is one of many the Federation sponsors to bring key Hollywood leaders to Israel to support this commitment", organization president Jay Sanderson said in a statement.

So, leave Junebug and everybody else alone aboutthe Office Space joke and take it up with the Jewish guy who produced the movie for normalizing Jewish flair jokes.

The other producer is Daniel Rappaport.

Please also attack Jerry Seinfeld, Gilbert Gottfried, and Mel Brooks for any references to Hitler, WWII, and the Holocaust.

Back