• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Facebook Gold from Crazies

If the owner of a CFA franchise had the same track record as Sterling, but shat on Christians instead of minorities, that person would lose their franchise as well. Fox News would lead the charge. Considering the demographics of NBA players and fans and CFA supporters is a reasonable comparison.

People harping on the private conversation angle miss the point. It really doesn't matter how Sterling embarrassed the NBA. The fact is he did and his 29 partners stood to lose a lot of money if they didn't act.

Lol this is the free market that conservatives want. Can't have your cake and eat it too. What's more libertarian than a private organization applying it's own regulations after sponsors have withdrawn from the franchise in question? The other owners are voting on what happens. THIS IS THE AYN RAND WET DREAM so I don't see the issue.

It's because democrats are bad bad bad and anything someone who does who may be aligned as a democrat must be bad bad bad

People harping on the private conversation angle miss the point. It really doesn't matter how Sterling embarrassed the NBA. The fact is he did and his 29 partners stood to lose a lot of money if they didn't act.

I talked to my NBA contact today. He said he thought Silver's actions were perfect and that taking this stand is going to really help the NBA out when it's time to negotiate the next CBA with the players. He feels that by booting Sterling, Silver just added many millions to the overall value of the league.

Interesting that Sterling has not come out with any big guns blazing against the girlfriend. He may well have given consent to that recording. Saw speculation (maybe it was on this thread) that due to the ongoing litigation between his wife and girlfriend he was recording everything.

No question Silver added value. His actions have people who aren't even NBA fans talking glowingly about the league at the exact right time to get them interested.

Lol this is the free market that conservatives want. Can't have your cake and eat it too. What's more libertarian than a private organization applying it's own regulations after sponsors have withdrawn from the franchise in question? The other owners are voting on what happens. THIS IS THE AYN RAND WET DREAM so I don't see the issue.

It's because democrats are bad bad bad and anything someone who does who may be aligned as a democrat must be bad bad bad

so this

Even with ongoing litigation he would have to tell the girlfriend the call was being made to be complaint with notice and consent California laws.

Even with ongoing litigation he would have to tell the girlfriend the call was being made to be complaint with notice and consent California laws.

But this will never see a courtroom. His only recourse is arbitration and it would be allowed there.

right, the speculation is that they both knew of and agreed to the recording, because they wanted records of their communications, due to the ongoing litigation.

right, the speculation is that they both knew of and agreed to the recording, because they wanted records of their communications, due to the ongoing litigation.

Oh I didn't know that. I thought it meant that there was just Sterling's side.

This guy is my new fave...

"NUCLEAR CLEAN POWER PLANTS have the ability to kill hundreds of thousands of people in an accident

GAS safe clean energy just blowing up homes and buildings all over the nation at different times and even killing people

COAL THE MONSTER THAT IS THE GREAT ENEMY kills no one when it gets to a power plant.

LIBERAL THOUGHT IT IS GOOD IF IT SAVES A TREE OR AN ANIMAL but who cares about humans getting killed.
COAL SHOULD BE THE SAFE CHEAP ALTERNATIVE but we know who runs our country now LIBERAL THOUGHT"

It may have been mentioned earlier but it's so pathetic that the response to Sterling from several of my FB friends is to basically equivocate by saying yeah but no one gets mad when (insert black person) does/says (insert perceived racism). It just makes my blood boil.

It may have been mentioned earlier but it's so pathetic that the response to Sterling from several of my FB friends is to basically equivocate by saying yeah but no one gets mad when (insert black person) does/says (insert perceived racism). It just makes my blood boil.

FIL has been on this all weekend. That and because when are you not free to express you opinion in private?

ymu7ura9.jpg

That website is money.

getting-navy-seals-killed-obamas-second-favorite-hobby-obama-politics-1351280979.jpg

Back