• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Failed Third Party Candidate Gary Johnson

so weird that people are warming to Johnson when they could've just had a plausible candidate in John Kasich.

dumb

Kasich is still a social conservative. Johnson is a social liberal. In addition, there'd be a large difference in their foreign policies. The only place they'd tend to agree is on budget issues. Which was the only area I found myself occasionally agreeing with Kasich.

I'm starting to believe that representative democracy's success is inversely proportional to the availability of information to the public

well, i'm glad people will be able to vote for a person they like. that's what most important, anyway, right?

Bob, I sent you a PM and addressed you personally on multiple threads about our bet.

You have until the end of the day to respond to this or I'm sending your $100 to Planned Parenthood in your name instead of your charity of choice.

OK, we're on. No rounding off. 9.99%- I win, 10.00%+ you win.

I will have a legitimate charity if I win. As a matter of fact, how about this one? North Carolina State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital? I had three afghan hounds over a 24-year period and one of them developed lymphosarcoma at the age of only five. They were able to give her three extra years of 95% normal life. I made more than 70 140-mile roundtrips for treatments for her between August, 1985 & October, 1988 and have always had a soft spot in my heart for the work those people do down there.

Bump.

I heard he wants to donate to the NAACP

It's going to Planned Parenthood as a backup for sure along with Mike Pence's name as a donor.

I'm giving him an extension until 12 tonight. I've sent a PM and contacted him on 3 threads. He has posted every day since then.

I'M TRYING TO GIVE MONEY TO CHARITY HERE.

Bob, I sent you a PM and addressed you personally on multiple threads about our bet.

You have until the end of the day to respond to this or I'm sending your $100 to Planned Parenthood in your name instead of your charity of choice.

I responded to your PM on Nov. 11th, the same day that I got it:

Re: Gary Johnson Bet

Originally Posted by Deacsfan27
Bud,

Hope all is well.

Don't want you to think I have forgotten about the Gary Johnson bet we had. I'm sending $100 to the North Carolina State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital. Is there a certain address that you want me to use?

Just let me know and I'll get it out today or Monday.

Congrats.

-Riley
Don't worry about it. Just send it to the Brenner Children's Hospital if you wish. It is obviously a very worthy cause and holds a special place in your heart.

Time to heal....at least a little bit where we can.

Take care,

Bud

Hmm...never got that for some reason.

Thanks for replying, with a very courteous response. I'll send $100 to each.

Roll tide.

I still get fucking mailers from the ASPCA when I lost my bet on the last election and donated to them.

Yeah I've sworn off all donating to any charity that sends me shit in the mail. Give them $100 and they waste $400 on postage mailing you shit for the next 10 years asking for more money. No charities get my address any more. I'll hand them cash at the same time they hand me a receipt for the dollar amount, I'll fill in my info myself.

Back