• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fake ID Thread

I bought one in Soho for $150- Maryland ID. They made it in a secret room in the back of gift shop. Took my photo just like they would for a passport. So sketchy.

Some guys freshman year rented a storage unit on University and put up a driver's license background sized so you could stand next to it and have a photo taken of the license background and you together. PA if I recall correctly. The end product wasn't great but worked at places that didn't look too closely. I of course objected to the entire illegal process and didn't get one.

Drinking age in NC my freshman year was 19. I turned 19 midway through my freshman year. Then they changed the age to 21 six months or so later, but the fine folks in the General Assembly didn't grandfather in those already 19 like almost every other state did. I was not of legal drinking age again for another 18 months.

Last edited:
I never had a fake, but I doctored my license in high school once so I could get into a club in DC. The front piece of the license with the holograms was peeling back so I took a tiny piece of paper and changed the month of my birthday from September to February, so I would already be 18.

I had one that I got from the Bull City Bike Shop in Durham. (Thanks Rolfe and Milhouse.) I just remember I was from Dothan Alabama. I wanted it to be someplace big enough that I could find it on a map, but in a state where I'd never be drinking. Never got busted.

I had one that I got from the Bull City Bike Shop in Durham. (Thanks Rolfe and Milhouse.) I just remember I was from Dothan Alabama. I wanted it to be someplace big enough that I could find it on a map, but in a state where I'd never be drinking. Never got busted.

Can't believe you remember the name of that place. All I remember is it was sketch central.

Pretty sure you just described all of Durham in 1992

I can't remember if that was the place I got mine in during my freshman fall (1988), but it was in Durham. Worked like a champ until the last night of Spring Break in Breckenridge, when the bouncer had a book of IDs for every state and quickly confiscated mine.

After that, I used my then 21-year old brother's expired license (we did not look alike). Never had a problem with that, even when we went to the same bars.

I just didn't really go to bars until I was 21; used older friends to supply the booze as required.

TITCR

I never had any trouble getting booze on campus, and returned the favor many times over. Much cheaper to drink on campus than at bars. Being in the band and a frat always provided able and willing buyers.

Back