• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fake Punts

The '23 OL has trouble blocking a simple short yardage play and some of the ogboards.com football experts want MOAR trick plays.

Hang it in the Louvre
Has anyone on this thread suggested that this team should be running more trick plays? I know you're always desperate to get in some snarky comment so we will give you a pass.

Has anyone on this thread suggested that this team should be running more trick plays? I know you're always desperate to get in some snarky comment so we will give you a pass.

More than zero trick plays ? Sure, I'll say it.

We should run more than one trick play every 5 or 6 games. And halfback option isn't even really much of a trick play.

More than zero trick plays ? Sure, I'll say it.

We should run more than one trick play every 5 or 6 games. And halfback option isn't even really much of a trick play.
This season is six games old but we're talking about well over 100 games of our current coach's tenure with nary a trick play. Even during good years, when we have a chance for that program defining win, we always seem to come up one play short. In every one of those games, we played it exactly by the book.

football-trick.gif

This season is six games old but we're talking about well over 100 games of our current coach's tenure with nary a trick play. Even during good years, when we have a chance for that program defining win, we always seem to come up one play short. In every one of those games, we played it exactly by the book.
I'd settle for the 4th and 1 play the Cowboys ran against the Chargers tonight. Everybody on D for the Chargers thought Pollard had the ball. Dak had an easy 18 yard stroll into the endzone.

I'm sure there have been others, but last trick play I vividly remember was running up the score against Louisville after Wakeyleaks.
Actually, I did a search for wake trick plays and I did forget one. The 2021 game against virginia, where we had the wr pass to Freudenthal. Wide open.

Last edited:
A beautifully executed reverse, initiated by our third strong QB, sprung a huge gain and led to a score on the next play. Wonders never cease.
Perhaps that trick play the play before led to just an instant of hesitation from a Pitt defender that helped break Claiborne on the long TD run.

Back