• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantasy Football 2011

wolfdeac

Reaction score
After seeing a few fantasy threads/posts pop up, I think it might be a good idea to start a main fantasy thread.

I say we use the thread to talk rosters, sleepers, emerging players to grab on the waiver wire, etc.

For instance, what is everyone's opinion on Matthew Berry's strategy on Vick? He makes some really good arguments as to why its in your best interest to take Vick with a high pick (actually has him number 1 overall, and took him first in the latest mock draft between the ESPN fantasy analysts). In one league I'm in I didn't manage to grab him, but I'll be in another tomorrow night and have been considering it if I end up with the first/a high pick (wont know draft position until 1 hr before draft time). Thoughts?

Further, again with Berry I definitely agree that Gates is probably worth 3rd or 4th round pick, as he really does give you that much of an advantage over any other tight end. Both of these assume, of course, that they can stay healthy.

Lastly, thoughts on my 10 team standard league roster?
QB: Tony Romo - Dallas
RB: Jamaal Charles - KC
RB: Mike Tolbert - San Diego
WR/RB: Santana Moss - Washington
WR: Larry Fitzgerald - Arizona
WR: Dez Bryant - Dallas
D/ST: New Orleans
K: Rob Bironas - Tenn
B: Sam Bradford - StL
B: Jacoby Ford - Oakland
B: Pierre Garcon - Ind
B: Reggie Bush - Miami
B: Braylon Edwards - San Francisco
B: Roy Helu - Washington

Edit to add, my general draft strategy (if I don't go for Vick at no 1) is to take the best RB available early, followed by the best WR, and then Gates and a QB in 3/4, kind of depending on what people have drafted. I'm starting to lean towards taking Gates in the 3rd round, as I really don't want to miss out on him waiting. The Vick strategy makes it a little more comfortable picking him up as well, since you don't have to worry about missing out on one of the top QBs by taking Gates a little earlier. If I took Vick first, it would probably be the best available RB, or best WR if all of the top RBs are gone, followed by Gates in the 3rd.

Last edited:
Charles and Fitzgerald are good, obviously. Bunch of lottery tickets after that. Tolbert could be great or not, Bryant could be great or not.

I would talk about my league, but I'm pissed abotu the format. It's stupid.

I got Peterson at 3. Got locked out of the room so missed my 2nd round pick and got MJD.

We start like 14 per week, 2 are QBs, 2 are kickers (wtf?). It's like QB, QB, RB, RB, R/w flex, WR, WR, WR, TE, W/T flex, K, K, D, D the way I'm understanding it.

Didn't really realize this, wouldn't have played if I had known because that's pretty much the worst thing I've ever seen. Worse than IDPs even.

Whatever, didn't pay any money to get in.

taking any TE in the 3rd round is a reach, even if it's for Gates/Finley. TE's are very deep and expendable. you'd be better off taking a McFadden/Fitzgerald type player in that spot IMO.

Well, I actually had internet issues and auto-picked Charles at no 4 in the first round. Fixed them before my next pick, and got Fitz, followed by Romo, and Gates in the 4th that last draft.

Right now I'm just really trying to decide whether or not I want to believe the hype/Berry and take Vick early if he's there, or play it more safe with stud RB/WRs first and wait to take a QB.

Also, from a fantasy perspective its hard to argue any TE being as good as Gates. Although if you don't get him, you're right there is still a lot of depth and you'll get a good one in a 10 team league, just not as good as him. I pretty much see it as:
Gates

Clark/Witten/Davis/Finley/Cooley (maybe Jimmy Graham, Olsen)

Everyone else

Well, I actually had internet issues and auto-picked Charles at no 4 in the first round. Fixed them before my next pick, and got Fitz, followed by Romo, and Gates in the 4th that last draft.

Right now I'm just really trying to decide whether or not I want to believe the hype/Berry and take Vick early if he's there, or play it more safe with stud RB/WRs first and wait to take a QB.

Also, from a fantasy perspective its hard to argue any TE being as good as Gates. Although if you don't get him, you're right there is still a lot of depth and you'll get a good one in a 10 team league, just not as good as him. I pretty much see it as:
Gates

Everyone else

I think you should pick up a good kicker or a defense/ST first round tomorrow night.

Gates

Everyone else

The theory with Vick is that if he plays like last year or plays 13+ games he will probably win you your league. Prorated last years stats over 16 games, he would have scored something like 450+ points where Brady's 50 td year was mid to high 300s. Vick is high upside and high risk. I personally would rather be a little safer and not have my whole season rest on one player. However, if Vick is there 7-10 without any one significant dropping I'd take him.

As for TEs, Cooley is not in that class. I'm either getting Gates/Witten/Clark/Finley or waiting until the 10th round to get Graham or someone who could breakout like Keller or Olsen.

Tell me which team is better one is mine and one is my sons. It is a 12 team league

Team A

Matt Schaub
Adrian Peterson
Frank Gore
Kenny Britt
Dez Bryant
Jeremy Maclin
Zach Miller
Bears D/st
Ryan Longwell
Matt Cassel
Joseph Addai
Roy Williams
Michael Bush
Dustin Keller
Steve Breston
Jason Campbell

Team B

Jammal Charles
Darren Mcfadden
Ben Rothesliberger
Brandon Loyd
Wes Walker
Jason Witten
Tim Hightower
Sebastian Janikowski
Lions D/st
Branson Marshall
Fred Jackson
Donavan Mcnabb
Braylon Edwards
Todd Heap
Jabar Gaffney
Nate Burleson

Starts
1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 WR/RB
1 TE
1 K
1 D/ST

Last edited:
Tell me which team is better one is mine and one is my sons. It is a 12 team league

Team A

Adrian Peterson
Frank Gore
Kenny Britt
Dez Bryant
Jeremy Maclin
Zach Miller
Bears D/st
Ryan Longwell
Matt Cassel
Joseph Addai
Roy Williams
Michael Bush
Dustin Keller
Steve Breston
Jason Campbell

Team B

Jammal Charles
Darren Mcfadden
Ben Rothesliberger
Brandon Loyd
Wes Walker
Jason Witten
Tim Hightower
Sebastian Janikowski
Lions D/st
Branson Marshall
Fred Jackson
Donavan Mcnabb
Braylon Edwards
Todd Heap
Jabar Gaffney
Nate Burleson

Starts
1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 WR/RB
1 TE
1 K
1 D/ST

I guess B is better just because Cassell is a horrible fantasy QB. Lloyd will be good until Broncos suck and put in Tebow. Welker not really a 2 unless ppr.

Tons of buzz going around tonight that Peyton Manning needs another neck surgery and is out indefinitely.

Tons of buzz going around tonight that Peyton Manning needs another neck surgery and is out indefinitely.

Yeah, I'm really hoping in one of my leagues that the person I'm playing first week forgets to switch out Manning. I'd be all like :plos:

Supra, definitely the strat I'm going with. Nate Keading no. 1 all the way!

Alright going off the Team A vs. Team B...PPR is 0.75.

Team A
QB: Rivers
RB: Rice
RB: McFadden
WR: Colston
WR: B. Marshall
Flex: R. Mathews
TE: T. Gonzalez
D: Falcons
K: Kasay
Bench: Ingram, Garcon, Bradford, Thomas Jones, Olsen, Driver, T. Choice

Team B
QB: Stafford
RB: Forte
RB: Best
WR: A. Johnson
WR: B. Lloyd
Flex: S. Greene
TE: Winslow
D: Eagles
K: Folk
Bench: P. Manning (assuming neck rumor is true), M. Thomas, M. Tolbert, Amendola, Ridley, Crabtree, D. Keller

Alright going off the Team A vs. Team B...PPR is 0.75.

Team A
QB: Rivers
RB: Rice
RB: McFadden
WR: Colston
WR: B. Marshall
Flex: R. Mathews
TE: T. Gonzalez
D: Falcons
K: Kasay
Bench: Ingram, Garcon, Bradford, Thomas Jones, Olsen, Driver, T. Choice

Team B
QB: Stafford
RB: Forte
RB: Best
WR: A. Johnson
WR: B. Lloyd
Flex: S. Greene
TE: Winslow
D: Eagles
K: Folk
Bench: P. Manning (assuming neck rumor is true), M. Thomas, M. Tolbert, Amendola, Ridley, Crabtree, D. Keller

Have to think team A is a pretty clear favorite. Rivers + the RBs look awesome, and at least decent receivers. Even with Peyton in for Team B, I'd take the roster from A first.

So how bad is my team? This was my first FF league draft so Im not expecting much. Had the #8 pick in a 10 man league. standard scoring.

QB Michael Vick, Phi
RB Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac
RB Matt Forte, Chi
FLEX Felix Jones, Dal
WR Santonio Holmes, NYJ
WR Mike Thomas, Jac
TE Jason Witten, Dal
D/ST Patriots
K Nate Kaeding, SD

DeAngelo Williams, Car RB
Austin Collie, Ind WR
Malcom Floyd, SD WR
Brandon Jacobs, NYG RB
Kellen Winslow, TB TE
Matt Cassel, KC QB
Raiders D/ST

So how bad is my team? This was my first FF league draft so Im not expecting much. Had the #8 pick in a 10 man league. standard scoring.

QB Michael Vick, Phi
RB Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac
RB Matt Forte, Chi
FLEX Felix Jones, Dal
WR Santonio Holmes, NYJ
WR Mike Thomas, Jac
TE Jason Witten, Dal
D/ST Patriots
K Nate Kaeding, SD

DeAngelo Williams, Car RB
Austin Collie, Ind WR
Malcom Floyd, SD WR
Brandon Jacobs, NYG RB
Kellen Winslow, TB TE
Matt Cassel, KC QB
Raiders D/ST

I'd say it will be really hit or miss for you. Obviously if Vick plays like he did some games last season you are golden, but if he goes down your screwed. Like your RB's quite a bit, don't really like your WR's at all. Floyd could have a big year though.

I'd say it will be really hit or miss for you. Obviously if Vick plays like he did some games last season you are golden, but if he goes down your screwed. Like your RB's quite a bit, don't really like your WR's at all. Floyd could have a big year though.

Had a guy offer Hakiem Nix (Sp?) for Matt Forte. Apparently hes a huge Bears fan and really wants Forte.

Had a guy offer Hakiem Nix (Sp?) for Matt Forte. Apparently hes a huge Bears fan and really wants Forte.

I'd at least consider it. But that would leave you pretty thin at RB, especially if the Panthers blow on offense like everyone is expecting. You would have to have another RB lined up somewhere just for depth.

maybe i could try and throw in one of my WR for one of his RB to try and keep the same depth

I think I did alright at least for my first ever fantasy draft:

QB Matt Ryan, Atl QB
RB Chris Johnson, Ten RB
RB Steven Jackson, StL RB
RB/WR Shonn Greene, NYJ RB
WR Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR
WR Marques Colston, NO WR
TE Vernon Davis, SF TE
D/ST Falcons D/ST D/ST
K Jay Feely, Ari K

Bench Kevin Kolb, Ari QB
Bench Marshawn Lynch, Sea RB