• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantasy Football 2011

My league is a QB heavy league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K ,DEF
10 team was 7th in draft order
Starters:
Drew Brees QB NOR
Darren McFadden RB OAK
Matt Forte RB CHI
Mark Ingram RB NOR
Calvin Johnson WR DET
Dez Bryant WR DAL
Antonio Gates TE SDG
Matt Bryant K ATL
San Diego Chargers Def/ST

Bench:
David Garrard QB JAC
Sam Bradford QB STL
Brandon Jacobs RB NYG
Robert Meachem WR NOR
Eddie Royal WR DEN
Michael Crabtree WR SFO
Brian Robiskie WR CLE
Tony Gonzalez TE ATL
Adam Vinatieri K IND
Miami Dolphins Def/ST

Here's mine, 1 pt ppr , 10 team league

QB: Matty Ice
WR: Roddy White
WR: Andre Johnson
RB: Chris Johnson
RB: Matt Forte
Flex: Joseph Addai
TE: Dustin Keller
K: Josh Brown

Bench:
QB David Garrad
RB Tim Hightower
WR Stevie Johnson
WR Austin Collie
WR Malcolm Floyd
TE Todd Heap
DEF New York Giants
Def: San Diego

Bench:
QB David Garrad
RB Tim Hightower
WR Stevie Johnson
WR Austin Collie
WR Malcolm Floyd
TE Todd Heap
DEF New York Giants

That is a stacked team.. Even for a ten team league that is strong all over.. (Addai is a risky starter though)

That is a stacked team.. Even for a ten team league that is strong all over.. (Addai is a risky starter though)

Yeah, I''m debating on starting Stevie Johnson instead this week. Buu Addai's the starter this year and with Manning probably out, it may mean more of a running game

Bench:
QB David Garrad
RB Tim Hightower
WR Stevie Johnson
WR Austin Collie
WR Malcolm Floyd
TE Todd Heap
DEF New York Giants

How did you end up with Roddy, Andre J, and Chris J?

Roddy and Chris J were keepers

In our league keepers come with a 3 year contract - so this year, AP, Andre J, Rodgers, and Stephen Jackson became available in the draft.

I had the 5th pick. Draft went:

A Rodgers
AP
Jackson
MJ-D
then I picked up Johnson

I helps that one guy in our league is an idiot (so I guess we really have a 9 man league)

His Keepers:
Vick
Maclin
Shockey(!?!?)

Then his draft:
MJ Drew
G. Olsen (yep 5th round - picks up his second CAR TE)
D. Bowe
J. Ford
K. Kolb
Chicago
Knowshon (that's right - he picked up his 2nd RB in the 10th round)
CJ Spiller
L. Tomlinson
Neil Rackers
Z. Miller (SEA)
Kansas City

fantasy football question...

just to get away from WFU sports for a while...i need a break!

with Welker injured, not sure how bad, what are the chances of Moss returning? they say he is in really good shape and could sit on my bench until his return. i mean, Ochocinco looks as bad and they don't have anyone else that can be a big playmaker.

what do you say?

Attempting to steer this thread back into the original direction presented by the OP.....let's talk weekly matchups (start 'em, sit 'em) in a PPR league:

FLEX: J. Best vs. TB, T. Hightower vs. NYG, or J. Addai vs. HOU

On paper Best should have the upper hand as TB had a bottom five run defense last season. But Best has played very few snaps in the preseason since receiving a concussion. Hightower has gained Shanahan's trust in WAS and will get the lion's share of minutes at the RB spot, plus the NYG defense is all kind of banged up. Hightower's looked good when given the opportunity during the preseason. How much will IND lean on Addai while Collins fills in for Manning? Of the 3 RB's he is the one I trust the least and is handcuffed the most.

WR2: Start R. Wayne or sit him?

C. Painter built rapport with Wayne during the preseason, but it looks like Collins will get the start. HOU will put points on the board vs. a pourous IND defense, but HOU has a bottom third pass D as well--can Collins turn this game into a shoot out? My bench consists of Ochocinco, L. Moore, and B. Edwards. Ochocinco still has a lot of rust to shake off, L. Moore has a nagging groin injury, and Edwards is listed as the #1 in SF vs. SEA.

20% There has to be better options out there. Did Amendola get drafted in your league? Antonio Brown?

Attempting to steer this thread back into the original direction presented by the OP.....let's talk weekly matchups (start 'em, sit 'em) in a PPR league:

FLEX: J. Best vs. TB, T. Hightower vs. NYG, or J. Addai vs. HOU

On paper Best should have the upper hand as TB had a bottom five run defense last season. But Best has played very few snaps in the preseason since receiving a concussion. Hightower has gained Shanahan's trust in WAS and will get the lion's share of minutes at the RB spot, plus the NYG defense is all kind of banged up. Hightower's looked good when given the opportunity during the preseason. How much will IND lean on Addai while Collins fills in for Manning? Of the 3 RB's he is the one I trust the least and is handcuffed the most.

WR2: Start R. Wayne or sit him?

C. Painter built rapport with Wayne during the preseason, but it looks like Collins will get the start. HOU will put points on the board vs. a pourous IND defense, but HOU has a bottom third pass D as well--can Collins turn this game into a shoot out? My bench consists of Ochocinco, L. Moore, and B. Edwards. Ochocinco still has a lot of rust to shake off, L. Moore has a nagging groin injury, and Edwards is listed as the #1 in SF vs. SEA.

That's my conundrum as well. I'm not sure I trust Washington to do anything on offense, so I'm a little wary of Hightower, even though he will get the bulk of the work. I think Addai might be the way to go, but I'm also considering Stevie Johnson (Buf) b/c we get 1 pt per rec.

Doing a 8 team draft tonight with:

2QB
2RB
3WR
1TE
1D

Have the 4th pick and considering going QB,QB to start the draft if I can get a top 4 QB on the way back in the second round. This league is standard scoring but bonus heavy for passing (300+) rushing (100+) and receiving (100+). Anyone have any success with this strategy? Will I shoot myself for not obtaining an elite rb or wr?

If he wanted to come back, he would be on the Eagles right now and Steve Smith would still be a Giant.

14 Team, .5 PPR league
M. Schaub
B. Lloyd
K. Britt
J. Ford
C. Johnson
P. Hillis
K. Winslow
F. Jackson
Philly

Plaxico Burress
A. Collie
J. Flacco
T. Choice
Antonio Brown
Derrick Ward

Pretty happy with the team, bunch of solid starters that are not too flashy so no horrible weeks but at the same time, limits huge weeks since there are only a few guys that are capable of huge weeks.

20% There has to be better options out there. Did Amendola get drafted in your league? Antonio Brown?

yeah, i picked him up. it is a full league and starting WRs and RBs are hard to find.

ok, so Garrad just got cut. I need a new backup QB

on the FA table:

Cutler
Orton
Fitzpatrick
colt mccoy
Henne
Hasselback

host of other unmentionables

So after last night's draft, my 2nd fantasy team's roster looks like:
QB: Vick
RB: Michael Turner
Flex: Brandon Marshall
WR: Jeremy Maclin
WR: Wes Welker
TE: Antonio Gates
D/ST: Patriots
K: Matt Bryant
BE: Ryan Grant
BE: Sidney Rice
BE: Josh Freeman
BE: Joseph Addai
BE: Robert Meachem
BE: Braylon Edwards
BE: Deion Branch

I'm really waffling over who to start at flex and WR; welker could be hurt? marshall is the dolphins' only good option, and imo Henne is underrated, but he's sporadic. I feel pretty good about maclin, but welker and marshall are making me think about putting in addai or grant at flex, and maybe braylon edwards. I've also thought about doing something crazy like starting Josh Freeman over Vick, since Freeman is playing Seattle and Vick is playing a stacked D against Green Bay. Thoughts?

(PS I'm playing Supradeac, so I need to win ;))

So after last night's draft, my 2nd fantasy team's roster looks like:
QB: Vick
RB: Michael Turner
Flex: Brandon Marshall
WR: Jeremy Maclin
WR: Wes Welker
TE: Antonio Gates
D/ST: Patriots
K: Matt Bryant
BE: Ryan Grant
BE: Sidney Rice
BE: Josh Freeman
BE: Joseph Addai
BE: Robert Meachem
BE: Braylon Edwards
BE: Deion Branch

I'm really waffling over who to start at flex and WR; welker could be hurt? marshall is the dolphins' only good option, and imo Henne is underrated, but he's sporadic. I feel pretty good about maclin, but welker and marshall are making me think about putting in addai or grant at flex, and maybe braylon edwards. I've also thought about doing something crazy like starting Josh Freeman over Vick, since Freeman is playing Seattle and Vick is playing a stacked D against Green Bay. Thoughts?

(PS I'm playing Supradeac, so I need to win ;))

I personally think Marshall is going to be a monster this year and is your best WR but that may just be me. I have him way above Macklin on my personal board. Just don't see how Macklin comes out with any kind of chemistry with Vick after all the mysterious illness stuff he's been through. Not a bad team at all though.

Back