• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantasy Football 2011

Up 40 withe the Eagles defense tonight versus Vick, Forte and Maclin.

Ugh, gonna be a long night.

Won convincing - Vick had a very off night and Forte with two fumbles was completely out of character. They actually benched him for Barber for a series. A dude who had no fumbles on his previous 350 touches puts it on the ground twice?!?

The one fumble was kind of a freak thing, he was switching hands and would have easily burned the defender but the guy just got a hand on it.

I need to pick two this week:

Maclin vs Arizona
Boldin vs Seattle
Julio Jones vs New Orleans

Gonna be hard to bench Julio this week, but Boldin has been playing well and Maclin is pretty much a must start every week. Thinking about rolling with Maclin and Jones.

McCoy 33yd TD run was a thing of beauty! Propelled me to 8-1 and have clinched a playoff berth. Although I did not like seeing Ronnie Brown get that TD carry.....

I need to pick two this week:

Maclin vs Arizona
Boldin vs Seattle
Julio Jones vs New Orleans

Gonna be hard to bench Julio this week, but Boldin has been playing well and Maclin is pretty much a must start every week. Thinking about rolling with Maclin and Jones.

Idk how you can bench Boldin against a HORRIBLE Seahawks secondary though. Out of those I would probably go Maclin/Boldin - Julio had a great game, but at the same time he only had what, 3 targets/catches? It just so happens that two of them went for long TDs. Roddy White is still the man in Atlanta (for now). And the Eagles should be pissed off enough to do work against the Cardinals, who also have a terrible secondary.

I'm playing for draft position next year in my keeper league, so naturally the players I expected to do horribly scored tons of points and I won.

I suck at this game.

Idk how you can bench Boldin against a HORRIBLE Seahawks secondary though. Out of those I would probably go Maclin/Boldin - Julio had a great game, but at the same time he only had what, 3 targets/catches? It just so happens that two of them went for long TDs. Roddy White is still the man in Atlanta (for now). And the Eagles should be pissed off enough to do work against the Cardinals, who also have a terrible secondary.

I agree with what you are saying. I like Boldin this week too and its a tough choice. I do think that Julio is not a fluke though. Before his injury he was being targeted a ton (17 in one game), he had a couple 100 yard games, just hadnt found the endzone yet. I think he is going to finish strong.

Pick 3 of these WRs (one will be in the flex spot):

Dez Bryant vs Buffalo
Wes Welker @ NY Jets
AJ Green vs Pitt
Julio Jones vs NO
Torrey Smith @ Seattle

What a headache of a decision...

Then 2 of these RBs:

Willis McGahee @ KC
DeMarco Murray vs Buffalo
Felix Jones vs Buffalo
Jackie Battle vs Denver

I'd go Welker, Jones, Bryant and McGahee and Murray.

Pick 3 of these WRs (one will be in the flex spot):

Dez Bryant vs Buffalo
Wes Welker @ NY Jets
AJ Green vs Pitt
Julio Jones vs NO
Torrey Smith @ Seattle

What a headache of a decision...

Then 2 of these RBs:

Willis McGahee @ KC
DeMarco Murray vs Buffalo
Felix Jones vs Buffalo
Jackie Battle vs Denver

I'd go Welker, Jones, Bryant and McGahee and Murray.

I'd go Welker, Green and Bryant. No Miles Austin should help Dez, and no reason bench Green even if it is against Pit.

Other two, McGahee and Murray. Easy decision.

I'm thinking about starting Tebow @ Arizona over Romo vs the Bills... what say ye, pit?

Also, on a different team, which tight end to start? Yes, I have three currently on my roster as several teams had their starting tight end get hurt or just perform poorly.
Gronkowski @ Jets
Antonio Gates vs Oakland
Fred Davis @ Miami
I'm leaning somewhat towards Gates, although Miami is like 24th against opposing tight ends..

Tebow has outscored Romo the past three weeks (since Tebow has started). Just don't watch the game if you start him.

Yeah that was my thought process re: Tebow.

With respect to the tight ends, just to clarify I picked them up to trade away since everyone else seemed to have their tight end get hurt. But now I just can't decide which one to play...

I've started Tebow against Miami and Oakland for a total of 44 points. Granted, my QB situation is dire due to autodraft grabbing me P. Manning... But if you dont have an elite guy, Tebow's running ability and the terrible defenses he's going to face in that division at least warrant matchup plays.

For example, he's got the Chiefs this week... If Matt Moore can tear them a new one, Tebow could do the same.

Pit, I made what some are calling a fucking shitty trade today. I gave up Brady and BJE for Chris Johnson, Santonio Holmes, and Fitzpatrick.

Did I get trade raped or have I made an educated gamble?

Steelers D @ Cincy or Texans D @ TB?

Pit, I made what some are calling a fucking shitty trade today. I gave up Brady and BJE for Chris Johnson, Santonio Holmes, and Fitzpatrick.

Did I get trade raped or have I made an educated gamble?

Steelers D - with Harrison back they looked good, and against a rookie QB? Definitely.

Uhm, its not the worst trade I have ever seen. Trading Brady with his remaining schedule is almost criminal, but if you had a need at RB/WR, you may have only dropped a few points to Fitz. Law firm for CJ2K is probably a wash from here on out. So the trade is Brady for Fitz/Holmes - talent wise, it is good, but Sanchez has been inconsistent in getting Holmes the ball. If your WR corps sucks out loud, it could be worth it.

Anybody ready to bail on V. Davis? Preseason top 5 TE and now he's top 12. I can bench him and pick up Celek or Ballard? Thoughts.....

plus I love some HOU D. They have a very favorable playoff schedule with Cin, Car, and Ind.

Anybody ready to bail on V. Davis? Preseason top 5 TE and now he's top 12. I can bench him and pick up Celek or Ballard? Thoughts.....

plus I love some HOU D. They have a very favorable playoff schedule with Cin, Car, and Ind.

I definitely like Ballard more moving forward.

And ditto on Houston D. I picked them up off the waiver wire a while back and have been putting up some nice efforts. Didn't realize their playoff schedule was so favorable.

Back