• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

Well, I am still in 14th place in my Gold league. I have moved up to 30th overall, and that is usually a good indicator that you are going in the right direction. One of my Rookie teams is in 6th place in what seems to be my weakest league. The guy who beat us out for Rookie number 1 overall is in that league. He has been behind my all year, so I'm guessing he is not pleased with his start either.

The one move I still want to make is Adrian Gonzalez for Pujols. Not going to make it yet since Pujols has 7/8 home games next week. That would give me more big bats then I can remember having at one time. Along with him guys like Jones/Cruz/Vogt who few teams own.

I pretty much abandoned the steals category. Not sure I can win my league with just 1 point in steals. Didn't set out to go that way it was just kind of happenstance. Would never have allowed that to happen if the money was geared toward the overall. I actually feel pretty good about my team right now. I have great pitchers who are heating up and lots of pop with my hitters.

Seems as though deGrom only pitches great when he is not in my lineup.

My baseball team is a lot like my golf game. Both can be very good or really bad. I shot an 86 yesterday which isn't a terrible score for me. Thing is I had 3 birdies along with 4 or 5 pars. Par 70 course so I was 16 over on the rest of the holes. Lost count of the triples.:wtf:

My math sucks too....make that 19 over on the rest of the holes. :)

Well, I played the same course again this Friday. After the 86 last week I scored an 85 today. While my score doesn't reflect it my play was much better today. Only had 1 birdie, but just 1 triple and 1 double. My putter went to hell for about 5 holes on the back that cost me what should have been easy pars. Missed 3 from about 4-5 feet and a 2 footer. Had 8 bogies and a par on the back.

This game can really be strange sometimes. I had my first good day in awhile on Thursday....then got wiped out yesterday, losing 10 points on my gold team....dropping from 11th to 16th....and losing a whopping 15 points on my rookie #4 team, going all the way down to 17th. And the crazy thing is that I thought my hitters had a good day. My team hit .329 with 3 HRs & 7 stolen bases. I didn't have a single pitcher who played, though....starter or closer. Since 2-start SPs go on Monday or Tuesday and Saturday or Sunday, Wednesday thru Friday can be wild if someone has a couple of 1-start guys who do well and other teams do not. That's what evidently killed me yesterday. It does show, though, that big moves can still be made in a short period of time.

I had 3 saves last night which was much needed. That category is really bunched up with me being toward the bottom. Started making up some ground taking Chapman out the last couple weeks. He is pitching well just not getting any opportunities.

I am 12-30 in my Gold, and had all 3 Rookie teams in the top 10 at one point last night. (58 overall) Hitting categories are still in bad shape even with the new editions. Runs scored is really hurting me with just 5 points.

Right now maybe my biggest mistake was dropping Fielder for Abreu. Imagine his numbers on a good team!

Went back and looked at my first roster on 2/13/15. It was better than my opening day roster. That doesn't happen very often.

I've made so many mistakes that it's hard to say which one was worse than the others....but if I had it to do over, I wouldn't have Abreu, either. Goldschmidt is obviously the #1 guy to have there. I know you don't like the "score" function, but I think it is absolutely the best way to analyze player value for salary cap because it uses all scoring categories as well as the player's price to come up with a numerical score. Right now, Goldschmidt is #1, of course, with Rizzo #2, Gonzalez #3 & Cabrera #4. Fielder is #8 (have to admit that I'm very surprised at how well he has played so far) and Abreu is all the way down at #14.

I started keeping a daily chart of my team scores this week so that I can look at it over a long period of days and monitor the scores & direction my teams are moving. For my gold team I use league rank & league points (current: 15 - 131.5). Exactly average would be 13 - 130. Since I have 3 rookie teams, I'm using overall rank & overall points (current: 122 - 941). Exactly average would be 100 - 1000.

I don't like the score function, but I look at it sometimes. I didn't like the roster expansion either, but you have to use tools that are available to other players. Last year not allowing players that had been suspended for steroids made me make some different choices that probably hurt my team. Thought a lot about that during the off season. Decided that I either had to quit playing, or lift my self imposed ban of steroid users. Pretty sure I avoided those players until recently when I picked up Cruz.

btw, Cruz has been the only purchase that has preformed well for me so far.

Next week and some things to think about...

We have some decisions to make with an early deadline tomorrow. They are now showing Zimmerman with only 1 start, and Cueto will miss his start today with a sore elbow. He will probably get 2 starts, or maybe none at all next week. Hope we get some kind of word before the deadline, but I doubt it.

The Mets are going with the 6 man rotation they talked about before the season. We will rarely get 2 starts out of Harvey or deGrom from here on out.

Five teams have dropped Strasburg so far in my league. (including me) I expect another 5-10 to drop him this week.

Been on vacation and didn't get to set a great lineup this week. Really my only mistake was leaving Dickerson in accidently. Oh well

Picked up Lorenzo Cain for Odor this morning and that's probably the only move I'll make. It cut me down to 11 purchases which is in the upper echelon in my league. Hopefully that means my team can go nowhere but up!

Ace, you'd better bench Vogt going into next week. Took a hard hit and probably is concussed meaning 7 day DL

Ace, you'd better bench Vogt going into next week. Took a hard hit and probably is concussed meaning 7 day DL

Thanks for the heads up. It's been a really good day so far for me. Hope my team can hold on. :)

Been on vacation and didn't get to set a great lineup this week. Really my only mistake was leaving Dickerson in accidently. Oh well

Picked up Lorenzo Cain for Odor this morning and that's probably the only move I'll make. It cut me down to 11 purchases which is in the upper echelon in my league. Hopefully that means my team can go nowhere but up!

Dickerson has plantar fasciitis. That is a very serious condition. They have much better treatment these days where in the past it often ended player's careers. Even when he seems ready to go an episode can happen at any time. Obviously not all my moves have worked out, but if he was on my team I would move him especially since he is going one the DL. Again this is just my opinion....manage your team. :)

Thanks for the advice. I have one hitter on my bench who isn't injured (Gomez or Abreu; can't fit em both) Yan Gomes is supposed to come back this week however

Dickerson has been one of my better hitters when he's been healthy. He's gotten a few less at bats because they had given him lots of days off because of his foot. I don't think I'll move him just yet, because I have other guys that I could (and should) drop before him

Thanks for the advice. I have one hitter on my bench who isn't injured (Gomez or Abreu; can't fit em both) Yan Gomes is supposed to come back this week however

Dickerson has been one of my better hitters when he's been healthy. He's gotten a few less at bats because they had given him lots of days off because of his foot. I don't think I'll move him just yet, because I have other guys that I could (and should) drop before him

Absolutely, you should continue to add to your team's needs.

I dropped Arenado & Dickerson for Paredes & Cruz. I'm now completely out of Rockies. :)

Arenado sure has cooled off. I still have him along with Tulo. I'm not in a position to drop those 2 guys so I will see how it plays out. Both would love to be traded so I hope they are not giving up. Not a very upbeat team in Denver these days.

n

He's giving me a great "going away" present today. My gold team is back up to 10th now.

Me too! Best day for me this week for sure. :) I'm like 9-28 in my gold right now. I don't mind if I can hang around there for a while this time of year without making purchases.

All I saw was a tweet from Buster Olney saying something like "prayers for Vogt" with an attached video of him getting laid out at the plate

Back