• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

My gold league must be a lot weaker than yours. I'm 10-62 and you are 9-29. There is no overall competition, so overall doesn't really mean anything....other than as a measure of relative strength among the 4 leagues....but that is a huge difference in overall ranking for two teams that are only one spot apart in their respective league standings. (If all the leagues were of identical strength, 9th place in the league would be 33 to 36 overall, and 10th place in the league would be 37 to 40 overall.)

It is a little bit crazy Bud. There is some great players in my league, but they are behind me right now. Beckett (sp) is the strangest. Think he won your league last year and finished in the top 5. He is in 24th place with just 6 purchases left. Like you said this game can be humbling. I think I am on a upswing....my goal is to always finish in the money. Don't think I have the team to win my league, but a top 6 finish in the gold (league) is very possible.

I no longer have Strasburg. If I did I would drop him for say Keuchel....2 starts....just sayN

It is a little bit crazy Bud. There is some great players in my league, but they are behind me right now. Beckett (sp) is the strangest. Think he won your league last year and finished in the top 5. He is in 24th place with just 6 purchases left. Like you said this game can be humbling. I think I am on a upswing....my goal is to always finish in the money. Don't think I have the team to win my league, but a top 6 finish in the gold (league) is very possible.

Looked around some this mourning and Beckett 2015 may be a different player than last year's Becketts.

Put Reyes in today for Desmond so I could get Kershaw in for Felix. If Kershaw has a good start against Atlanta then Mattingly may want to keep him on schedule giving him another start on Sunday. (how many times have we got burnt on that in the past?)

Would have liked to put Solar in for Betts, but was 10k short. Victorino going on the dl should postpone any platoon for a while anyway. Betts has 7 on the road while Solar has 6 at Wrigley.

So Reyes is back?

He was supposed to be back this weekend. They backed it up until today though he didn't play. I waited until the deadline, but they never said if he would start.....only way or best way for me to get Kershaw back in.

Looked at too many stats today. lol He was activated yesterday and should play tonight.

Nice start for him with a leadoff double and a run scored. Runs scored is a troubling category for me. Since so many teams dropped him he could really help me out in that stat. He should score a lot of runs leading off in that park with the bats behind him. Of course health is always an issue with him.

Last edited:
He's giving me a great "going away" present today. My gold team is back up to 10th now.

Another big day for Arenado. Not sure why you made that move especially since you are low on purchases.? Other than salary, it seems like a lateral move at best.

At least you got some good play out of Travis. I picked him up when he started his tailspin. Of course he played a couple weeks with an injury that wasn't being addressed. He may come back off the dl next week and start hitting again. At this point, I'm sure going to give him some time to prove that it wasn't just a fluke. Hate having Walker in there, but have no other option other than dropping him. He is not productive, or really cheap, so can really drag a team down.

Just as bad as putting in a closer in a non save situation is giving a guy the hook after pitching a great game because he gave up a couple hits. The runners belong to him so give him a chance to get out of it with 1 out. One ground ball and inning over.

Yep. Wish they had stuck with deGrom. He was pitching another great game at home.

Looks like we are going to gain some ground with Kershaw. Several teams in my leagues have him on the bench this week. Also, huge game for Donaldson really helps me. I'm up to 8th in my gold league now.

I got up to 9th and then dropped back to 12th when Robertson got shelled.

I finally caught up to Spicy Meatballs this week. (he won my gold last year) day later and he is 18 points ahead of me again....so frustrating.

Yep. Wish they had stuck with deGrom. He was pitching another great game at home.

Looks like we are going to gain some ground with Kershaw. Several teams in my leagues have him on the bench this week. Also, huge game for Donaldson really helps me. I'm up to 8th in my gold league now.

Several benched him in my league also. If he pitches Sunday it would be a big bonus. I think it is 50-50 he gets the start.

I still can't get over the imbalance in our gold leagues. Right now I am 7-55 and you are 11-29. That's crazy. The team leading my league (Reed Between the Lines, who won it in 2013) only has 181 points....and I am up to 149.5 now. Have gained 11 points tonight. So I guess I could still get back in this thing before the year is over. Sure has been a disappointing start, though, after last year. Also, the 2nd place team in my gold league is Homer's Heroes...and he finished 3rd in my gold league last year. So it looks like the "cream" has risen to the top.

I'm pretty much used to it. lol In 2011 we finished overall 34-38 with just one guy between us (he had 3 teams) You won your league for $1500 while i collected $300. Last year I won the rookie by one spot and you the Gold by two positions. You collected $1950 while I earned $750. I thought you realized you had a lucky horseshoe up your ass for some time now. :p

Was fortunate enough to go to the Dodger game last night and see Kershaw pitch. It truly was an honor to see a guy that will go down in the history books as one of the greatest arms ever. I'm glad to hear a lot of people benched him this
week, because I sure didn't.
That makes 14 baseball stadiums I've been to. Trying to see as many as I can. I'd say 14 stadiums at age 21 is off to a good start.

Haven't been able to check my team and scores the past week, I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me what place I'm in with however many points.

2nd base has turned into a position with a wealth of excellent fantasy options....and at the beginning of the year we both felt like a bland guy like Walker was acceptable as a 2nd or 3rd choice at the position. And that's not even including the overpriced Cano. In addition to Altuve & Gordon, Kipnis has rebounded from an off year and is playing even better than he did when he first burst onto the scene. Wong is having a breakout year at a fairly cheap price. Dozier is again producing solid numbers. Travis came out of nowhere as a dirt-cheap 400K option....but now that the Dodgers have apparently opened up a spot for Guerrero, at 520K he may prove to be the preferred cheap option for a third 2nd basemen.

Sure wish a couple of these guys were listed at shortstop instead of 2nd base. Shortstop is turning into a fantasy wasteland this year.

For the time being anyway, I think Guerrero continues to be a platoon utility player giving players days off. He was one of my sleepers a few years ago and then didn't make the opening day roster. When he finally came up he struggled and went back down and got part of his ear bit off. :)

If Travis comes back next week the only concession I will have to make is Solar for Marte. Would have liked to get Desmond back in for Reyes. (7 home games) Still, that is not giving up much having to get six 2-start pitchers in when 3 are Kershaw/Felix/Scherzer. This will be my best lineup of the year with a real chance to make some hay. Having to work on it a little early this week.

Not having Felix or Scherzer really hurt me tonight. Lost 6 points in whip alone. Tried to sneak a week in to improve my poor hitting and it cost me so far.

Me, too. Only lost a few points, though....and we have to remember that we had gained some points by having Kershaw. It's hard to get all three of those high-priced SPs in the lineup...especially when all of them are only getting one start. I've got Kluber at Seattle tonight. I tried to get Felix or Scherzer in my lineup instead of Kluber, but couldn't do it.

I have Kluber going also, but about 12 teams have him tonight. Gray is my best chance of gaining back some points with just 5 teams starting him.

If deGrom struggles on the road this week I may drop him for Shelby Miller. Miller has 2 starts the following week, and nobody in my Gold League has him. If degrom can't pitch on the road, and is going into a 6 man rotation his fantasy value takes a big drop, imo.

I didn't get hurt near as bad in my Rookie leagues. Actually gained 4 points in one. (lost 7 in Gold) One of my Rookies leagues has the leader with 16 purchases left while second place has 17!

When I was kicking around the idea of getting a mid-season team there were several SPs that I might have taken instead of some of the ones I have now: Cole, Archer, Keuchel, Miller & Gray.....for some under $1M. I also wouldn't have taken Abreu, Adam Jones or Carlos Gomez....and probably Betts.

4 of those 5 on my opening roster.

I know. You did a better job than I did there. Wish I had listened to you and took those four instead of Ross, Pineda, Shields & Strasburg. :)

I didn't get on the SD bandwagon. Fringe pitchers and outfielders who play poor defense, imo Still, I think anyone hanging onto Strasburg will have some tuff decisions when it comes time to start him. Nobody plays him unless he has 2 starts. (that says a lot) I'm sure he will have some great games in his career, but you are rolling the dice even if he has home starts. I can't explain what happened, but it is what it is....:werd:

Back