• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FASHION THREAD 2023

IAppreciateIt

no bunting allowed
Reaction score
dudes and dudettes, the weather is getting damn near AUTUMNAL

anyone pick up any sweet boots, jackets or jawns?

i've been thinking about getting some alden indy boots for a bunch of years, but heard the quality has gone downhill bc of some manufacturing changes.

BUT i've heard positive things about this brand: https://www.grantstoneshoes.com/

from what i can tell, new entrants into the market often use good quality materials and construction but then get shoddier over time as they need to increase their margins (#PElife)

20201023-1F7A5303-Edit-Edit_1296x.jpg

Those are pretty sweet. I'm still just rocking my good ol' Red Wings that I've had for like a decade. They do need to be resoled after this year, but otherwise they've held up great.

Any of you guys rocking a capsule wardrobe? I've gotten to where I hate my clothes and I've been thinking more and more about streamlining with a capsule wardrobe that will give me a more subdued and timeless look. I've also never been the most fashionable guy so I can't say I've done a good job chasing trends or building a particularly stylish wardrobe.

Been thinking of picking these up for a bit now...

I keep getting ads for Thursday Boots but not sure about the quality>

1697211279624.png

Those are pretty sweet. I'm still just rocking my good ol' Red Wings that I've had for like a decade. They do need to be resoled after this year, but otherwise they've held up great.

Any of you guys rocking a capsule wardrobe? I've gotten to where I hate my clothes and I've been thinking more and more about streamlining with a capsule wardrobe that will give me a more subdued and timeless look. I've also never been the most fashionable guy so I can't say I've done a good job chasing trends or building a particularly stylish wardrobe.
i did stitch fix for a while. Super helpful and simple. I was able to customize really easily

this is not necessarily fashion, but clothing, but I am in the market for some new khaki pants a la Bird Dogs. want something with a bit of stretch since I'm on a bit of the larger side. any other comparable brands?

i've never owned and have no interest right now in black boots -- nothing against them in general, just not my aesthetic

i've also moved on from cap toe, but I do like the look

my wife makes fun of me bc she claims i have too many "brown boots" that are all basically the same. obviously not true as you can see. i need more.

Todd-Snyder-x-Red-Wing-Boot-Feature.jpg
(red wing)
(danner)

RtDhPhhumE_rancourt-co_knox_boot_0_original.jpg
(rancourt)

this is not necessarily fashion, but clothing, but I am in the market for some new khaki pants a la Bird Dogs. want something with a bit of stretch since I'm on a bit of the larger side. any other comparable brands?

maybe controversial but i always check amazon goodthreads first for any essentials like that. their entire business model on the fashion side is basically copying the most popular common styles and undercutting them on price.

i just got some khakis from madewell that i've gotta pick up from the tailor but i like the way they fit in the seat

Not a fashion #expert, but I've gotten a couple pairs of shoes from Nisolo and have really liked them. They recently had an offer (maybe still do) that's basically you pay $500 up-front and every 6 months for the next 5 years they send you a coupon for any pair of shoes on their site. So $500 for 10 pairs of shoes basically. Picked up these first and will be wearing them a lot this fall and winter.

Will definitely be giving a few away as gifts to folks because lol, I don't think I'll need 10 different pairs of shoes for the next 5 years.

Been thinking of picking these up for a bit now...

I keep getting ads for Thursday Boots but not sure about the quality>

View attachment 5994
I got these in brown years ago and they've held up great. I think I even posted about them at the time.

Just looked, I bought those in 2016. Need to be re-soled now, but otherwise still look/feel great

i've heard mixed reviews on thursday boot co (not bad, but you get what you pay for), and i think they fall into the category of deteriorating / inconsistent quality

i don't like black boots personally which prob means they are coming back into style

Last edited:
i guess i'm just skeptical of all of those direct-to-consumer brands that have a heavy social media advertising presence

look like they put all their money into branding and are just upselling some made in china product

i've been thinking about getting some alden indy boots for a bunch of years, but heard the quality has gone downhill bc of some manufacturing changes.

BUT i've heard positive things about this brand: https://www.grantstoneshoes.com/

from what i can tell, new entrants into the market often use good quality materials and construction but then get shoddier over time as they need to increase their margins (#PElife)

20201023-1F7A5303-Edit-Edit_1296x.jpg
Those seem nice, but that brand is more expensive than Allen Edmonds stuff. If you are looking at $350+ for a pair of boots, you lose some of the advantage of these newer DTC brands, no?

Back