• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FASHION THREAD 2023

I guess…

I don’t think those other boots are intending to be anything other than nice looking shoes so your comment felt kinda left field.

I guess…

I don’t think those other boots are intending to be anything other than nice looking shoes so your comment felt kinda left field.
I think you are right, I think they just should be more accurate with their portrayal/marketing. Don't call them boots, call them high-top loafers.

boot
3 of 5

noun (2)

pluralboots
1: a fitted covering (as of leather or rubber) for the foot that usually reaches above the ankle

They're boots. stop being so weird

Well now i am trying to decide between full lace up black boots or more of a chuka. And Matte or more of a dress gloss.

Damn decisions

Do you have other boots already? I would recommend full lace up over chukka.

I think brand-wise, it sounds like JCrew Kenton boots (which go on big sales all the time) are probably a better value than the Thursday ones, although I think it's a bit of a crapshoot as well.

btw anyone have any jeans brands they like? i've been hopping from brand to brand my whole life.

Yeah....I've got some To Boot Chukka's in Brown. Thinking i may just go with those in Black

you GOTTA mix it up !!

also if you like wearing brown boots (imo better looking than black boots for most people and almost all occasions, unless you are a heavy metal / goth vibe), i would just get a tall brown boot in a slightly different shade

you know who loves wearing cowboy boots with a suit? Ted Cruz. way to dress like him.

Good suggestions -- I just realized my main issue is I hate having a button fly (that's been my issue with Unbranded). Will check out these other recos.

Good suggestions -- I just realized my main issue is I hate having a button fly (that's been my issue with Unbranded). Will check out these other recos.
i think button flys are gonna be a thing on any nicer raw denim tbh, static zippers + fabric that stretches/shrinks not a good combo, also get a lot more of that "jean boner" action going on w/ them (zippers) as a result

also get a lot more of that "jean boner" action going on w/ them (zippers) as a result

good-donald.gif

Jeans are a nightmare for me. I was just a levi's guy for years, but find they don't wear well and i get a crotch tear pretty quick.
Lately I've been on the Macy's house brand. I am almost NEVER a store label guy...but bought some in a pinch and damn if they don't fit great.

I have a pair of japan blues that I like significantly more than the unbranded pair I had before, but they were only $135 back in 2017. Looks like similar pairs are ~250 now, and I don't think I would pay that. Plus now I'm so old I want everything to have stretch anyway.

Back