• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FASHION THREAD 2023

i am anti-crew neck to a comical extent. i prob wear a crew neck maybe a few hours a year. i have manually cut v-necks into long-sleeve undershirts i wear when golfing in cold weather. at home i only wear henley shirts. i'm also always a two unbuttoned guy on shirts.

anyway what i came here to post was that jcrew is, as usual, running a sale which includes boots.

the one site i go to / follow on social is https://dappered.com/, it's decent for deals and basic product reviews (not as useful for finding a good brand of selvedge jeans or the best boot brand in 2023)

i don't like v necks under sweaters and such, though

most of my sweaters are V b/c i think crew neck with button down looks like a big nerd

i am anti-crew neck to a comical extent. i prob wear a crew neck maybe a few hours a year. i have manually cut v-necks into long-sleeve undershirts i wear when golfing in cold weather. at home i only wear henley shirts. i'm also always a two unbuttoned guy on shirts.

anyway what i came here to post was that jcrew is, as usual, running a sale which includes boots.

the one site i go to / follow on social is https://dappered.com/, it's decent for deals and basic product reviews (not as useful for finding a good brand of selvedge jeans or the best boot brand in 2023)
yes to all

Which is why the quarter zip sweater is the best.
Quarter zip but a fleece, not sweater. Have to be full ELIte.

I wear the same thing to work every day from October to about March - jeans, tshirt, with either a quarter zip fleece or a button down flannel. If the flannel, untucked and top 2 buttons undone. Also the last cuff button undone.

Fuck a sweater. Too restrictive and makes me itch.

i only wear undershirts when dressing up a bit and it's those super tight, extra long, deep v undershirts

Recently made the switch from slim to straight pants and kinda dig it
i just made a change also, now doing Slim Straight instead of Slim Taper. Allows for a little more footwear versatility. Hard to get away with any shoe that has some "weight" with the slim taper

Other than in Texas - Are cowboy boots a thing with dudes or is it just a girl thing? Do you wear them over your pants or do you tuck them into your pants? Seems like cowboy boots are starting to catch on in the south but I’m not a fashionista.
Saw a bit in DC/VA/NC/TN but not much in the northeast, SC, or Florida.

Unless you live in Texas, are a rancher, or going to a country show, I don't get the appeal of cowboy boots. A good pair of chelsea boots are more versatile and work with almost any kind of pant. A chukka boot is more casual, and could be another alternative that can be dressed up or down a bit.

Also don't think the value of going cheap on leather shoes/boots is worth it.

I have a pair of RM Williams for 15 years and they still look good. They weren't crazy expensive to begin with and they paid for themselves many times over. I still have good leather dress shoes that are 10+ years old and they can be resoled as needed with goodyear welt.

Saw a bit in DC/VA/NC/TN but not much in the northeast, SC, or Florida.

Unless you live in Texas, are a rancher, or going to a country show, I don't get the appeal of cowboy boots. A good pair of chelsea boots are more versatile and work with almost any kind of pant. A chukka boot is more casual, and could be another alternative that can be dressed up or down a bit.

Also don't think the value of going cheap on leather shoes/boots is worth it.

I have a pair of RM Williams for 15 years and they still look good. They weren't crazy expensive to begin with and they paid for themselves many times over. I still have good leather dress shoes that are 10+ years old and they can be resoled as needed with goodyear welt.
Yeah i am shocked at my attraction to this Thursday Boot thing. I think somehow their viral marketing has gotten in my head...i am NEVER the cheaper option guy, so i am having some real cognitive disonance here

Yeah i am shocked at my attraction to this Thursday Boot thing. I think somehow their viral marketing has gotten in my head...i am NEVER the cheaper option guy, so i am having some real cognitive disonance here
We'd all love some Vibergs, but there is just no way it's worth $600 more

okay i just used this site and it's awesome. they had a sale code for bonobos so I bought a suit, a pair of pants, and 2 dress shirts for $570.

Back