• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite bars and eateries from your days

As much as I try and resist the temptation to say Rose's Deli sucks I can't help it.

Yup. Had a friend who was a Chi-O get up on stage. She was thrown out of her sorority. Made no sense...

I think you might be confusing the story. There was a Chi-O a year or two older than me that didnt just get up on stage but worked at the Paper Moonz for a while. She was given das boot from the upstanding srat. Gr8 b00bz.

I think you might be confusing the story. There was a Chi-O a year or two older than me that didnt just get up on stage but worked at the Paper Moonz for a while. She was given das boot from the upstanding srat. Gr8 b00bz.

Same girl. When I said getting up on stage I meant turning professional. Just had the venue wrong I think. Been a long time.

Laneys wingz was the jams. All you can eat wings on thursdays. Half the group would opt for that and the other half would go in a ton of pizzas. Everyone ended up eating all you can eat wings and pizza for 10 bucks. Pretty sure my friend group closed that place down with our schemes.

There were three Wendy's within driving distance of campus. In order of quality, we described them as:

1) Wicked Good Wendy's (Reynolda Road)
2) A'ight Wendy's (Deacon Blvd)
3) Wendy's (Akron Drive I think)

The Black Bear was the second smokiest bar in town.. Simo's had it beat with all the workers from RJR. The beer was cold at Simo's, and the guy would pour us a little glass when we shot stories with the RJR workers in the back room. I miss my early days in Winston.

Laneys wingz was the jams. All you can eat wings on thursdays. Half the group would opt for that and the other half would go in a ton of pizzas. Everyone ended up eating all you can eat wings and pizza for 10 bucks. Pretty sure my friend group closed that place down with our schemes.

We were on the same page dude. I think they also had $1 bearz on Thursdays.

2003-2007:

Ziggy's: Old location, saw some great shows there
Brew Haha's: what a dump, but it was "our" dump
Burke Street Pub: Indescribable numbers of nights there downing cheap bearz and dodging townies

This

Tsk. No Maggie O'Riley's? Cheap. Board Games. Pool. Aaaaaaaaand party hats. At Bethabara Park. Once.

96-00
May have helped keep the Black Bear in business. Jay was the bar hop. Still have a shirt from there. No idea why?
Daytona's
West End Opera House
Fox and the Hound

Eats:
La Caretta
K&W

2003-2007:

Ziggy's: Old location, saw some great shows there
Brew Haha's: what a dump, but it was "our" dump
Burke Street Pub: Indescribable numbers of nights there downing cheap bearz and dodging townies

wait wait did you even have more than a semester of brew hahas?

I never had anybody say "oh boy let's go to Roses I'm starving and need a culinary work of art," but I heard plenty of people say "let's go pound pitchers on the porch at Roses."

From 70-74:

The Lighthouse
Simo's
The Restaurant -off Silas Creek-that was its name
Pizza Garden -ZA ruled
Rose and Thistle
Staley's
Big Staley's -if something special happened
Pizza Inn buffet lunch

There was a place in Reynolda Shopping Center that used to give out movie tickets. I can't remember the name of it.

Also:
Saf Room
TOG
Whitehorse Pub (original Ziggy's)
PollyRosa's
Vincenzo's
Bells Bros.
Colsons
K&W
College Beverage
Roland Bennetts
Brown Bottle Room at Schlitz Brewery

Elizabeth's
IHOP
Mr. BBQ
Little Richard's
Rock-Ola Cafe

I never had anybody say "oh boy let's go to Roses I'm starving and need a culinary work of art," but I heard plenty of people say "let's go pound pitchers on the porch at Roses."

I heard plenty of people say "I'm starving let's go to roses". No one claimed their food was "works of culinary art".

Back