• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Misheard Lyrics

RicoSuave

Reaction score
"And so I vacuum the velvet on the ground ..." -Fleetwood Mac, Gypsy

"I've got the piece of pie of understanding down in my heart..." -Traditional, I've Got the Joy

What are some of your favorites?

Excuse me while I kiss this guy-Jimi

Wrapped up like a douche- Manfred Mann (fuck Springsteen)

___________ mumble mumble ______-anything by Pearl Jam

"hot brown parts" --- Hot Rod Hearts
"I dont want to be your pizza burning" --- Beast of Burden
"There's a bathroom on the right" ---- Bad Moon Rising

When my son was maybe 4 or 5 and "Hot Blooded" would come on the radio, he'd be singing "Hot Pudding" at the top of his lungs.

Best one I ever read was "Big Ole Chad Had a Light On" instead of Big Ole Jet Airliner by Steve Miller Band. Whenever I hear it now that's how I sing it.

The girl with colitis goes by - The Beatles

Folks might not be familiar with the hymn "The Angel Gabriel from Heaven Came," but there is a line in it about the Virgin Mary that says "most highly favored lady, gloria." As a kid, I always heard it as "might highly flavored lady." Tag away...

This one's easy for me. For a long time I wondered who this dude was.

"Like Hector Abalone"
- The Doors

"Constipated cross-eyed bear". Don't remember the hymn, but I really did think that was what everybody was singing.

Folks might not be familiar with the hymn "The Angel Gabriel from Heaven Came," but there is a line in it about the Virgin Mary that says "most highly favored lady, gloria." As a kid, I always heard it as "might highly flavored lady." Tag away...

Even funnier. On so many levels.

"There is no pian here on the ceiling..." (Instead of, "There is no pain you are receding...") Comfortably Numb: Pink Floyd

I use to think that "I get knocked down, but I get up again. You're never gonna keep me down." (Chumbawamba – Tubthumping)
kind of sounded like "I get no towel, but I get up wet. You're never gonna get me towel?"

Best one I ever read was "Big Ole Chad Had a Light On" instead of Big Ole Jet Airliner by Steve Miller Band. Whenever I hear it now that's how I sing it.

My wife admitted she used to sing this line as " big old Jeb in a lineup"

Back