• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Rock and Roll song?

Great song, stupid video.

Don't get the Air Supply tag.

There are some great songs here (with the exception of Night Moves and Freebird). I think I'll use this playlist to make a "Rock 101" CD for my teenage kids. And of course I'll add Gold Dust Woman and the Chain because you can't have classic rock without some Fleetwood Mac.

be sure to put Back in Black on there, or better yet Shake a Leg. That there is rock and roll...

Maggie May - Rod Stewart
Funeral for a friend/love lies bleeding - Elton John
Layla - Derek & the Dominoes

Can't believe this one hasn't been suggested yet. It's even called Rock & Roll.

I previously posted my vote that "Gimme Shelter" is the best Rock & Roll song ever, and I stand by that.

However, "Take It Easy" by The Eagles may be my all-time favorite song. The lyrics to that song are pure genius, particularly:

Well, I'm a standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona and such a fine sight to see
It's a girl, my Lord, in a flatbed Ford, slowin' down to take a look at me

I just love that song!

I previously posted my vote that "Gimme Shelter" is the best Rock & Roll song ever, and I stand by that.

However, "Take It Easy" by The Eagles may be my all-time favorite song. The lyrics to that song are pure genius, particularly:

Well, I'm a standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona and such a fine sight to see
It's a girl, my Lord, in a flatbed Ford, slowin' down to take a look at me

I just love that song!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-29819-1379523207-24.gif

Back