• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Rock and Roll song?

I remember the first time I ever heard Dream On.

I was maybe 11.

I was thinking to myself, this is the greatest song I've ever heard.

Also features maybe the greatest timeless lyric ever about being a rock and roll star:

Every time I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face getting clearer

When I saw this thread title, the smartass in me (most of me, really) couldn't resist:

bohemian rhapsody

Not a fan myself, but I heard 3-4 weeks ago on some national internet music station that this was something like the 4th or 5th ranked song of R&R favorites. Don't know if it is true, and I don't know what criteria was used, if any, but clearly a lot of folks think of it as their favorite. When I commented on it at the time She Who Must Be Obeyed volunteered that it was one of her favorites.

And you think you know someone well...

Free Bird

/end thread
lighter_at_concert.jpg

More Than A Feeling has always been the quintessential rock song to me. Not necessarily my favorite, but to me that IS rock music.

Not my favorite, but I'd say the riff on Deep Purple's Smoke on the Water is pretty quintessential rock and roll

It may be a cover of an Otis Redding song, but the Black Crowes' version of "Hard to Handle" is right there on my list of favorites.

Favorite: Blue Sky

Best because it encompasses all that is R&R: Stay With Me

Back