• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite scene from The Wire

iodeac

Reaction score
A thread on the Brickyard got me thinking about my favorite scene from the Wire, so I thought I would post it here. I feel legitimately jealous of people who have never seen this show and might be watching it for the first time.

Some of my favorites:

1) Avon teasing Prop Joe about wearing a suit in 90-degree weather for a basketball game like he was Pat Riley

2) The drive-by scene when Chris Partlow ambushes Avon's SUV. "Go by them slow"

3) Bubbles running up the stairs in Season 5, finally clean from drugs

4) Omar's ambush of Stinkum "Hey Now"

1) Avon teasing Prop Joe about wearing a suit in 90-degree weather for a basketball game like he was Pat Riley

"Look the part, be the part, motherfucker."

Off the top of my head:

- Where Snoop buys the nail gun

- Omar's stickup in the wheelchair

- McNulty's "funeral"

- Omar in court

There are a bunch of good ones, but the fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck scene when McNulty and Bunk are examining a kitchen crime scene is the one that stands out most memorably.

Found it (NSFW):

I'm reading Homicide right now and its hilarious to me making the connection between the real life people and incidents and those portrayed on the two shows.

Whenever I hear the song "Bartender" it always makes me think of the scene where Michael kills Snoop.

There are a bunch of good ones, but the fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck-fuck scene when McNulty and Bunk are examining a kitchen crime scene is the one that stands out most memorably.

Found it (NSFW):

This is the one that immediately came to mind for me.

“Nah man, the Ku Klux Klan live in Howard County. I know that for a fact.”

“N****, my aunt live in Howard County, ain’t no Ku Klux Klan there.”

I'm reading Homicide right now and its hilarious to me making the connection between the real life people and incidents and those portrayed on the two shows.

Yeah, the fact that they actually pulled off the Xerox machine prank is really hilarious and awesome to me.

The "fuck" scene was the 1st that came to mind.

Loved Stringer being followed going to econ classes and running their drug meetings by Robert's Rules of Order.

"You bleed green. I bleed red."

Snoop getting shot.

In terms of a whole episode, the Kima getting shot episode.

Bunk saying about Wee Bey "this motherfucker's takin murders just to take em"

Back